password for chosen key?

guillefaceguilleface Member, BASIC Posts: 1,014
hi what exactly is this, after using the terminal thing i set my key store password to 123456 which i get a check mark when entered but for "password for chosen key" nothing happens and if i click next i get this error." please ensure the alias key password is correct,see console for additional information", during the whole process i only used 123456 when asked to enter password. thanks

Comments

• guillefaceguilleface Member, BASIC Posts: 1,014
    sorry to bump this so fast but i really need to fix this issues as my pro membership expires today and i think i will upgrade again once i finish some more games, thanks
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    @guilleface I think you are talking about entering the password in the GS signing stage of the publishing. If so you enter the password for the key and then you hit submit or OK or whatever. A second box for the same password (if you used the same password) appears. Once you enter the pw in here you only have to hit the ENTER key to submit it and then you can download the file.

if this is not what you mean then I am sorry I did not understand your question.
    yeah thats what i am talking about but the second password is never correct,maybe my pro version is expired and i cant no longer publish.
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited June 2013
    You may have not made a second password in the key function. Have you tried leaving it blank and hitting the ENTER key?
    Pro would not affect this part if you are able to publish. It is an error at the making of the key stage in the terminal.
    I always use the same password for the keystore and chosen key.
    do you create the chosen key in the same terminal where you created the keystore ?, i can see where it ask me to create the keystore so i entered 123456 and re-entered again, and in the end it ask me again for another password which i enter 123456 but i never see that it ask me to create a chosen key.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    make sure your OS and Keyboard language is set to english. If it is not, change it to US English and recreate the keystone
  • RoksaltRoksalt Member Posts: 87
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I have definitely got my keyboard set to US English
  • Listen2wordsListen2words Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing this now. Any solutions?
  • natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243
    Has anyone found a solution to this as I can't publish my app either.

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing

• venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    I had a similar problem ... I changed the operating system language in English, restart the mac and now it works!
  • cosmicalliucosmicalliu Member, PRO Posts: 2

i have the same problem

• JJAZEJJAZE Member, PRO Posts: 13

Hi all sorry for asking this old issue, but do anyone of you still experiencing this problem. Tried it many times, just could not proceed due to this issue "chosen key" password always no 'green tick'. And in addition my 'Zipalign' signing tool as well, i have installed the sdk tools and updated accordingly under my home folder. Please help, thanks a bunch....

• DledoDledo Member Posts: 4

Yes, I have seen a similar problem

• Davio102Davio102 Member, PRO Posts: 1

why can't gamesalad resolve this issue? everyone's on here like: "I have this problem too," but there's no solution?! What am I paying for! What are all of you paying for? A broken application?

• TiernanTiernan Member, PRO Posts: 2

have same issue any one find a solution

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

What version of the java and android sdk are you using ? How did you create your keystone? We use googles command line tools to sign your app the GUI is just a pass through.

• slackkerslackker Member, PRO Posts: 2

@BlackCloakGS I am experiencing this problem now. I have Java SE Development Kit 8u45 installed.

Can you please advise on how I can get past this so I can submit my android app? Thanks

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

GameSalad creator for Mac does not support jdk 8 right now you need to use Jdk 7 or 6.

• J's JunctionJ's Junction IllinoisMember, PRO Posts: 81

You may want to change your cookbook information. Says to download 8.

4.01 – Getting started with Android

These tutorials will walk through the process of publishing to your Android phone using your Mac computer. At this time, Android publishing is only available to GameSalad Pro developers. This is an extremely complicated process, so please be careful to follow the directions as precisely as possible.

Installing the Java SE Developer Kit

Head over to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html to download the Java SE Developer Kit.
    Check the circle next to “Accept License Agreement” and then click on the download link for Mac OS X x 64.Java SE Development Kit

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@jhoweleriii said:
    You may want to change your cookbook information. Says to download 8.

That post was written several months ago. Should be fine now.

• fabralindfabralind Member, PRO Posts: 1

I found a different solution for this "Password for Chosen Key" problem after talking to a GS rep a couple of weeks ago. Turned out there was a folder with an incorrect name in the Zipalign field, so s/he had me manually navigate to it. When I corrected the folder name, it suddenly accepted my password, gave me green checkmarks and allowed me to click "Next." Hope this helps!

• jean_gauthierjean_gauthier Member, PRO Posts: 5

@fabralind said:
    I found a different solution for this "Password for Chosen Key" problem after talking to a GS rep a couple of weeks ago. Turned out there was a folder with an incorrect name in the Zipalign field, so s/he had me manually navigate to it. When I corrected the folder name, it suddenly accepted my password, gave me green checkmarks and allowed me to click "Next." Hope this helps!

What did s/he told you to do? I'm having the same issues here

• Hello, I'm having the same issue here.
    I keep getting:

Android code signing error
    Please ensure the alias key password is correct. See console for additional information

NEED HELP NOW, NEED TO PUBLISH MY GAME!