[PAID] Quick-response, on-demand GS programming help

tl;dr summary: paid GS consulting gig; communicate via email / Skype, occasional screenshare; apply via PM
---
Hi,

I run a small educational game design company. We use Unity3D for actual development, but I'm investigating using Gamesalad so that I and another designer (who don't code) can quickly work up concepts and figure out core game mechanics before we pass things on to the programmers.

As with any new tool, we're finding there are some basic concepts we need to figure out in order to be productive. I'm looking for someone that could help out on an on-demand basis when I hit roadblocks. At this point they're basic things like:

- How do I set up the logic to trigger an animation in actor A when something happens with Actor B?
- What's the best way to set up an actor so that I can drag it around the screen (and not off it) on a touch device?
- How can I play a random sound from a pool of candidates?

I really appreciate all the existing resources, such as the Cookbook, the videos, and the forums, and plan to continue to use them. But sometimes we're stuck and getting the exact response we need quickly is worth a bit of development $.

I'd prefer to work with someone via email and IM (Skype), with an occasional short phone / Skype / screenshare session if required to hash specific things out. I don't think it would end up being a lot of hours... but a reasonable response time is important. We're based in the US, and being in one of those timezones is probably important.

We can pay reasonable hourly rates for this kind of consultation.

Please respond via PM if you're interested -- I'll post here again once we've found someone. Candidates should be able to demonstrate proficiency at GS and be competent communicators. Friendly and reasonably patient are nice, too :-)

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    My suggestion is @FryingBaconStudios. Not only is he GS code savvy, he is a great communicator. He can visualize concepts and execute them.

We work together via email and skype all the time. If there is a dude that can work as thought he is right there with you, he's the guy.

He also packs good game design philosophy...and kung fu grip.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I sent you a message. To get a feel for me check out my instructional videos in Gamesalad coding by clicking the link in my signature.