•∞ New Universal Adventure Game Template using tables ∞• From Stormy Studio

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
We've been busy at Stormy Studio towers producing a new universal game template for other developers to build on.

Please check out the new point and click inventory menu here:
http://stormystudio.com/game_templates.html

Here's a walkthrough video of the template in action.

It's packed full of fully labelled rules and makes great use of tables allowing you to quickly build up your own game.

What's in it?

• Universal game, the inventory, buttons and text boxes reposition themselves for smaller screen devices.
• Really quick setup for adding more scenes, collectables and text boxes,
• Beautiful (example) artwork for inspiration.
• Clearly labelled rules throughout.
• Perfect tables setup to control the inventory, collectables, state of the game, text messages.
• Great pop up custom text boxes, (optional default text boxes.
• Rules for unlockable doors
• Collect inventories of different sizes.

It really is the most detailed template we've made to date, packed full of useful rules, making it a great tool to build on to create your own point and click adventure game or escape game. It could also be reworked to be used for a find the hidden item game.

I hope you like it.

I'll record a new tutorial video in a day or 2 to accompany the template, showing how easy it is to make use of the template to add another scene to the game or start a game from scratch using it.

Here's a link to the template:
http://stormystudio.com/game_templates.html

A few images:

Cheers for looking…

Jon aka Stormy

www.stormystudio.com

Comments

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Congrats! one of the best templates i've ever seen!
    Im gonna purchase this one soon.

Roy.
  • Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206
    Hey Jon, great template, you mentioned in your other thread if the price is right. I personally think pop it up an extra ten or twenty. A bit too cheap for the amount of content that this can be used for. People will pay of they need it , as it looks very done judging from all those videos.

Cheers
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Bought :)

Roy.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited June 2013
    Looks good Jon although someone will probably close the thread as im not sure advertising templates on here is allowed...shame cause this one should have some publicity imo.

We could host this for you on DBA if your interested (need to talk to Wayne 1st) as we have the biggest user base for this kind of stuff.

Darren.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Excellent, man! Best of luck with it!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited June 2013
    Cheers guys really appreciating the positive words... and couple of downloads.

Darren I'll send you an email to see if we can do anything DBA related...thanks for the interest and consideration.

I've spent most of today emptying our loft ready for the big move. It makes for a pretty intensive exercise routine, the ultimate step aerobics class with weights... stay tuned for my own '1 Man Loft emptying Exercise DVD' this Christmas'...
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Looks really nice.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Very nice template Jon but like Darren said, be prepared for the thread to be closed
    Thanks Beefy...can it be moved... ?
  • ShakurShakur Member Posts: 43
    Really nice template. Best of luck with it!
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Congrats Jon! Amazing template :)
    Thanks @Shakur and @TheMoonwalls...
    edited June 2013
    I've just put together the below pic to show the stages I went through in developing this to get to the finished the result... a little weird it was all for a template... but still thinks its worth the time.

I'll record a walkthrough of the template in the early days of this week..
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Thanks Beefy...can it be moved... ?
    Well, there is no where to move it. Unfortunately, they don't allow topics with items for sale in them any more. Makes me miss the old days. I am actually amazed at how long this has bee left open, you are either well liked, everyone is on vacation or both.
    @BazookaTime I'm quite surprised, as well... the binary gods are obviously being kind at the moment.

After a quick bit if looking around, I've seen there is the 'marketplace and templates' forum section, I assume this doesn't update in the main feed. So perhaps it can go there?

I understand why they've decided to ban the advertising of templates, as it makes for a messy forum with less personality, less questions and answers, less conversation and more self promotion.

Shame there isn't a balance, perhaps a column to the right that shows the feed from a marketplace thread. As I feel that a lot of templates really are helpful for developers at all levels (newbies and pro's). Also some templates, hopefully my own, DeepBlue Apps, GS Helpers and others are really well made and can help educate people on what the software can do and how it can be done.

With that said,I do remember the days where it was just crazy with every other post promoting templates and services... (I seem to be that guy... with this thread, so by all means move it to the 'Marketplace and Templates section' or delete it, or leave it :-)

I'll be putting a video together tonight or tomorrow on how easy it is to use the template... check it out on my Facebook page, website, blog, or here... if I'm allowed?
  • fiorentinfiorentin Member Posts: 58
    Beautiful! Gonna get it now!
    @fiorentin ... many thanks... and honoured to be your first post as well... good luck with the template, GameSalad your game and hopefully see you around the forum.

I'll email you once the tutorial video is done, to help you out if needed.
    @StormyStudio Thank you, i've been evaluating both Gamesalad and Unity for a while and find myself working in both application. But templates like this make GS hard to beat when doing a 2D thing (This template actually made me choose GS for this project). Great job!
    Thanks to who ever moved this for moving it, rather than deleting it... :-)
    Stormy, any news on the video yet? Would be nice with a little walk through / tutorial video.