How much do game salad programmers charge?

What is a normal and reasonable rate per hour (or per project) that a GS programmer would charge for his/her services?

(If you do not want to post on this post since it is about money, you can email me.)

Comments

• DarkUndeadSpawnDarkUndeadSpawn Member Posts: 64
    Well, it depends on the time and how complex we our working on here.

Say we are working on an angry birds game but instead like angry ninjas or something!!

The setup for this would take a while.

I wouldn't say a rate per hour because you wouldn't know how long he possibly worked on it.

I would say up to $100 around there. But i wouldn't know who would go lower then this.

Reason to this is that coding is very complex and time consuming. So really for each project would cost you around 100. Depending on the programmers price range!

When level designing i charge around $1 a level.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    DarkUndeadSpawn
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited July 2013
    As a contractor myself, I would say it depends on the experience level of the coder. myself, I am a very fast coder as I can design and test code in my head. I can play out the code in my head and spot problems then redesign it over and over, in my head until I have a refined concept then I build it so this saves me trial and error manually coding. There are those who offer services but don't live up to what they claim. I've heard all the stories from clients who seek me out. just remember, you get what you pay for. most times when you hire someone who is cheap there is no inventive for them to complete the project when things get hard. This is a very common issue. Most of my clients tell me, "this person said, not problem I can build you that," then half way through they can't deliver and quit. When you hire a pro you pay for and get, competency, professionalism, reliability, integrity and top notch skill.

For me, I scrutinize my clients the same as they do me. I don't just work for anyone. I turn down more offers than I take. If the client is professional, detailed and has a mature design document, reasonable expectations and plan, I will consider working for them. If not, I politely turn them down. I prefer to work for quality clients than quantity. I expect my clients to be as professional as I am. This is why I'm more than happy to put any potential client in personal touch with my former clients. I covet my stellar reputation.