Initial Trouble

DaGerbsDaGerbs Member Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Maybe I sound like a total novice, but I've installed both of the files from the site, and when I open the app, select "empty" and click "choose," and...

At this point I come to the screen with "Title" "Tags" "Scenes" "Actors" etc. First off, I can't type anything into Titles, Descriptions, etc. Also, I can't create any scenes, nothing initially appears in the "scenes" menu and clicking the + sign is a dead link.

I'm really just looking to try this out, if anyone knows how I can start this working I'd be much obliged.

Comments

• xactoxacto Member Posts: 146
    DaGerbs,

This page should help you get started:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/quickstart_part_1

Cheers
    Xacto
  • DaGerbsDaGerbs Member Posts: 3
    I wish it did, but for some reason it continues to open an Untitled New file, no matter what I choose. There's no title, no tags, and no scene for me to choose.

At the top of the window it reads "GameSalad Creator : Project Editor - Untitled" no matter which template I choose when I first open the program.

Also I should note, though I doubt this makes much difference, that as soon as I press the green Preview button at the top of the screen, GameSalad simply quits.

If anyone's got any idea what's going on, I'd much appreciate it.
  • DaGerbsDaGerbs Member Posts: 3
    Muahahahahaha! Could that be it?? It's the alpha version.

I'm downloading off the main site, and it says beta on the page. I download the link on the right and it downloads the alpha version. Am I missing something, isn't the beta out?? (This is probably an easier question for you all to answer hehehe)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I assure you that the file on the site is beta. It was named wrong with all of the hustle with the sxsw conference.

What OS/System are you running? (Please check with the system requirements. Intel based Mac running 10.5, Leopard)
    Does this always happen? (Try restarting the program, it may have hiccuped in the loading process)