State of GameSalad on 7-3-2013

2»

Comments

• hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    CodeWizard, please consider a play video behavior.I am pro member and I have game ideas waiting for this. I have played with objective-c, even I made it work, it's just a few lines of code...It can't be that hard to implement in GameSalad. A children's game with story telling live video cuts is what i had in mind...
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    It can't be that hard to implement in GameSalad.
    It's generally a good idea to never say that on this forum ;) A program like Gamesalad Creator that abstracts all of the coding away from us is going to be by it's nature a very complex piece of software behind the scenes. Something that's easy for an individual to build in in objective-C isn't necessarily easy to implement in LUA whilst fitting it in around the entire Gamesalad framework. If it was easy they probably would have done it by now.

But I'm sure video support will come at some point in the future...
  • fishbowl1fishbowl1 Member Posts: 54
    Great!

Any status update on the stretch to fit feature?
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    It can't be that hard to implement in GameSalad.
    It's generally a good idea to never say that on this forum ;) A program like Gamesalad Creator that abstracts all of the coding away from us is going to be by it's nature a very complex piece of software behind the scenes. Something that's easy for an individual to build in in objective-C isn't necessarily easy to implement in LUA whilst fitting it in around the entire Gamesalad framework. If it was easy they probably would have done it by now.

But I'm sure video support will come at some point in the future...
    Unfortunately, that makes sense ;)
    - Thomas
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    edited July 2013
    Also: Any news on an easier Universal build thingy?

Ta!

QS =D
    Yes any news on Stretch to Fit?? @codewizard

And wowzer that's some cool progress happening at GS hq
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    @codewizard
    I just want to request one behaviour that you really should implement into gamesalad. Save scene behavour. So if you close done thegame for example dinner. That you after ate up at the exact same position. I want everything to freeze basiclly. I know it's possible but it will take loads of time to save every attribute with position angle etc
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @fajlajp
    The game should go into a multi tasking mode if you just close it down for dinner. And be right there when you come back unless you force it close, shut off the device, or don't play it for days. This feature is already there.
    @fajlajp
    The game should go into a multi tasking mode if you just close it down for dinner. And be right there when you come back unless you force it close, shut off the device, or don't play it for days. This feature is already there.
    Yeah.. I don't see much need for what you're saying, because multitasking fine works already with GS.
  • lebiscuitlebiscuit Member, PRO Posts: 220
    this is a little bit annoying and i'm probably the only one who have this bug,

my mousse position don't update, when i constrain my camera Y
    it get stuck to 640, only in device and ios simulator, it's working fine in gamesalad
    this is a little bit annoying and i'm probably the only one who have this bug,

my mousse position don't update, when i constrain my camera Y
    it get stuck to 640, only in device and ios simulator, it's working fine in gamesalad
    Hey, could you please create a separate thread about the issue and explain it in more detail? Then some of us could probably help you get it fixed up :)
    - Thomas
  • zoopezoope Member Posts: 210
    Can't wait to get my hands on the stable build anymore :)
  • ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Member, PRO Posts: 214
    Amazing work! All exciting stuff.
  • jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94
    Hey @CodeWizard, just though I would let you know I'm getting quite a few crashes when running a published app on iOS 7, I believe the play pause music behaviour is causing it as the app runs fine if I leave it alone. Other than that very excited to get a stable release and to see where GS goes in the future :).
  • RhiannonSaladRhiannonSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 69
    Hey @CodeWizard, just though I would let you know I'm getting quite a few crashes when running a published app on iOS 7, I believe the play pause music behaviour is causing it as the app runs fine if I leave it alone. Other than that very excited to get a stable release and to see where GS goes in the future :).
    We aren't 'officially' supporting iOS 7 while the SDK is in its beta stage. We've found that it's best to allow Apple time to solidify a more stable OS before we start altering code on our end. Otherwise, we can spend countless hours integrating a new OS only to find the code is broken again once Apple does additional modifications and bug fixes in their own code. But please keep me posted on what you find in iOS 7. I'll be doing some preliminary testing in the coming weeks and can certainly use extra eyes on it!
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Member Posts: 52
    Awesone!•Ω•
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    New update today :D Super excited to hear the progress.