Testing on Iphone or Ipod

JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
Is there away to test on the Iphone or Ipod now. (I'm a newbe)

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    not now but when gamesalad is released and when you do the early access program.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Yes but first you must sleep with the whole dev team.... at the same time.... then you become a sous chef.... Not sure which was better though.... the journey or the destination.

-JGary's words of wisdom
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    >>shudder<<
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    One word.... Frightening ;)
  • gavtheliongavthelion Member Posts: 31
    Change the subject a fair bit,

Can anyone at GS help, I have downloaded GS 0.5 (paid for the Early Access Program)

Question ..how do I access the GameSalad Viewer for iphone I can not see this anywhere. Is this a virtual iphone emulator (like in one in the apple sdk software) or an actual way to get your project on to your iphone?.

Also I clicked export to iphone to see what this did and my project was turned into a .game file and the contents are now corrupted.!! (empty) and my original project gone forever!!

To add insult to injury I am awaiting Apple to enroll me as a paid up developer, unfortunately they are not processing my application/enrollment claiming theres a problem that my card details don't match my enrollment details (which isn't true).

I'm completely confused and pennyless now. If Apple don't enroll me then I'll need to get a refund from all concerned. : ( (it's all going Pete Tong)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    A .game file is a .zip renamed. Just rename it to a .zip extension and you should be able to get your project.

Have you activated your subscription in GameSalad Creator? Last section of:

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer

When you run the GameSalad Viewer on your device, if your subscription is activated on the Creator, then you will see the button to send to the device at the top next to the Green Preview Arrow button. Assuming you are on the same wifi network.

Let me know if there are any other questions.
    CodeMonkey,

I got the Gamesalad viewer app. running a game on the Apple sdk Iphone simulator : ) but not on my iphone or iphone touch : (, I always get similar message.

Code Sign error: a valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer' could not be found

or what ever I choose, I have downloaded a sign code certificate and Provisioning profile. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
  • ShanestaShanesta Member Posts: 63
    You need to open up your GameSaladViewer project in Xcode. Go to the Resources folder and open info.plist, go down to where it says Bundle identifier, and change 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer' so that it says your com.whatever

like..

'com.JoeGames.gamesaladviewer'

Thats is all I had to do to get it to build onto my device.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    So you can test your game on an Iphone...If you pay for the Early Access Program. How do I pay to be part of this program?

Also, any clue what the cost will be to us (developer) to have the ability to export our games to be Iphone ready?
    Hi James. For more info on the Early Access program, visit:
    http://gamesalad.com/membership/earlyAccess
    Shanesta,

I can not open the info.plist file its always in red and will not open to edit.
    So the only way to submit an app for the Iphone is a $500 membership. The only way to submit an app without a GameSalad splash screen is a $2000 membership. Are these my only two options? What will it cost me in the future?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    You can upload to the GS website for free.

And continue using GameSalad to make games for free.

To publish to iPhone, then yes, you have to pay.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Is this going to change in the future? I keep seeing post about when GameSalad is released, and how you will be able to create Iphone games. Does that mean a different pricing structure than what it is currently?

I guess I would like to see some way of testing how well my game would work on the Iphone or Ipod before spending 500 for GamaSalad. Yes it is a very good tool for creating games, but that does not mean it's a good tool for the Iphone. Making games to run on a PC is not the same as making a game to run on the Iphone.

I've made ten gemes for the TMobile Android phones and seven for the Iphone and performance is a big issue. I would like to know it limitations before spending money...
    Hi James. Until we can get the Viewer approved on the App Store, Xcode distribution via the membership page is the only way to access it.
    Any time frame on when that will happen? and cost to developer?
    If you have created and installed the keychain correctly, then I would try turning off you iphone/ipod, get out of xcode (not just you project), turn on the iphone/ipod then go back into the xcode project and try the Build and Go. I have found that sometimes things just need to be reset.
    Have you changed the Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device value to the correct provisioning profile?

In Xcode, go into 'Targets' and right click 'GameSalad Viewer' to 'Get Info' on it. Then search for 'code signing' in the 'Build' tab.

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer
    tshirtbooth - i had the same problem. This should fix it.

In Xcode, go into 'Targets' and right click 'GameSalad Viewer' to 'Get Info' on it. Then click on properties. Change Identifier to:com.tshirtbooth.testapps (or whatever your using as indetifier)

Then search for 'code signing' in the 'Build' tab. Change the Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device value to the correct provisioning profile.

Took me a while to figure this out. Not sure if this is how it's meant, but it worked for me! Cheers!
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    tshirtbooth i have had the same problem... but now everything works...
    JGarys tip worked for me...

So lets say your App calls: MonsterKiller

Have created the App ID with the Desription: monsterkiller
    and the Bundle Identifier: com.tshirtboost.monsterkiller

?

Then created the Provisioning Profile?

Downloaded it and added it to your ipod/iphone? (I have forgotten this two time ;)

Then in Xcode like JGary said go into `Targets' .... Get Info...
    klick proberties: Change Identifier to: com.tshirtboost.monsterkiller
    (You have to delete the old and type in the new)

Then search for 'code signing' in the 'Build' tab. Change the Code Signing Identity -> Any iPhone OS Device value to the correct provisioning profile. (its written bold)

cheers!

I hope my english is not confusing everything ;))
    I just used iPhone Developer which says it matches the one I installed on my iPod Touch 1G.

I don't think there is ever a need to use the 'Other'
    Cool, glad you got it fixed. Have fun!
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    I'm in provisioning profile HELL, following all of the above comments with no luck - why is this soooo difficult?

Where on earth do I find out what my correct provisioning profile is?

I've typed every possible combination..... what is it, where is it?
    You've gone through these steps: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Arghhh, missed the App ID part somehow, so i had no provisioning profile to start with.

It's late, but it's working now finally - noticing immediately that the app is a little chuggy even on the a new 3GS when there's lots of enemies and shooting happening on the screen. Goes from 60 down to about 16 fps and up again.

Think a little demo video is needed to illustrate the whole certificate and authoring process, easier to see the process than read.

It's very late, only one eye open....

Thanks CM.