Rotate Swing/Pendulum/Orbit

I have seen a lot of videos and templates about orbiting that all use self timers in the coding. I am looking to create a grapple on touch and destroy it on release (swing effect, NOT going towards anchor point) and then when you release the actor continues to go at whatever angle it was released it.

Such a a rocket moving across the screen, grapples to the moon (The rope is the distance the actor is away from the moon when clicked, actor swings) on release the actor goes at that angle unless grappled again.

I found a few templates when searching the forums a few of them are dead links (figures, old) and the few I modified seem to skip over animation or the rope just doesn't work right.

Anyone out there that can explain this too me or make a simple demo? Stuck on this for days even, not sure how to manipulate sin and cos the way I want it here. Releasing with whatever angle being used at the time is throwing me off making it more complicated. I'm new at gamesalad. Any help or direction to a forum topic I missed would be great.