Help in making a game

Hello , please i know that what i'm about to asking may be lot for you , but if you can answer some of these questions , it will be great . I want to make a game that use the same system as this one : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hi-guess-who/id659231725?mt=8 , and here's my questions :

1- how do i make the letters , when some one tap a letter goes to the box and returns if tapped again

2- how to make my game recognize when someone written the right answer

3- how can i add an ask button , like , if someone don't know the answer ask a friend on facebook or twitter or by email

That's it , i really hope you answer these questions for me . Thank You :)

Comments

• MlabAppsMlabApps Member, PRO Posts: 79
    I answered your questions carefully. Message me if you have any questions.

1) Each of the spaces where the letters go is an actor. I would have some sort of attribute system that determines which space the letter should go to when tapped. When a letter is tapped, either constrain the x and y of the letter to the x and y of the space, or move the letter to the x and y of the space.
    2) The answers are all in the attributes! Once again, you need an attribute system. This can be done in many different ways and that is up to you. One way to do that is to have a text attribute and assign each letter actor it's corresponding letter and have it add
    that letter to the text attribute when touched. Somewhere in the scene you can say that if the text attribute is equal to the name of the person, then switch scenes!
    3)Your best bet is to use the Open URL behavior (which is a Pro behavior). However, GameSalad does have a Tweet Sheet behavior (also a Pro behavior) with which you can compose Twitter messages.

I hope this helps,
    Michael
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2013
    Are you new to GameSalad?

I'd recommend playing around with GameSalad to see what you can do yourself and then ask for help with specific problems you're experiencing. You're more likely to get help. At the moment you're practically asking someone to do most of the work. Muck around with, it's quite simple with a little bit of practise :)

There are many video guides on YouTube on how to do certain things that will help.

Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are free and paid for templates online too with full working games that you can butcher to make your own and learn from. Search for "GameSalad Templates"
  • kiwacikiwaci Member, PRO Posts: 72
    I answered your questions carefully. Message me if you have any questions.

1) Each of the spaces where the letters go is an actor. I would have some sort of attribute system that determines which space the letter should go to when tapped. When a letter is tapped, either constrain the x and y of the letter to the x and y of the space, or move the letter to the x and y of the space.
    2) The answers are all in the attributes! Once again, you need an attribute system. This can be done in many different ways and that is up to you. One way to do that is to have a text attribute and assign each letter actor it's corresponding letter and have it add
    that letter to the text attribute when touched. Somewhere in the scene you can say that if the text attribute is equal to the name of the person, then switch scenes!
    3)Your best bet is to use the Open URL behavior (which is a Pro behavior). However, GameSalad does have a Tweet Sheet behavior (also a Pro behavior) with which you can compose Twitter messages.

I hope this helps,
    Michael
    thanks man , you really helped me :)