FYI - Using Touch Arcade to Get good reviews

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
I have tried all kinds of things on Touch Arcade for promoting my game. I have had the most success with starting a thread in the promo codes section of their forum and using the appinfo brackets and then stating underneath the appinfo that promo codes will be given to anyone who PMs me. The reason this has worked is that it has allowed me to make a connection with the people that used a code. So no lurkers just take one and run off never to be seen again. Then a few days after PMing the code, I can nicely ask them what they thought about the game and then remind them to review it iTunes. I have gotten way more positive reviews in iTunes doing this than any other promo code giveaway on any other site.

Just an idea - hope it helps!

Now I am thinking of doing the same thing but asking people to follow me on twitter in order to receive a code. Or maybe an XMB code for a PM and a second promo for a different game for the twitter following.

Comments

• iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    Agreed! Great strategy, and a good way to drive taffic!

It's little tips like these that make all the difference!
  • rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    Great point scitunes.
    I'm doing this with twitter as well...it has helped a bit.

I like the 'connect' with users and reminding them to review and/or get an honest feedback...will try that when I get a decent game that I won't feel to bad if they 'criticize' it. ;~)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    plus if you are out of codes just ask if they want you to gift it

you get 70% of it back anyways
    i'd gift 1,000 copies of my game if i had 1000 folks that wanted it
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Thanks scitunes, I'm going to be more judicious with my codes next time. Your advice is very sound.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    The interesting thing about this is that TA members don't seem to mind the extra step. I even had some thank me for stopping the "lurkers" from taking all the codes and leaving none for the members. It may have helped that I explained that that was the reason for the PM in my initial posting.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    The interesting thing about this is that TA members don't seem to mind the extra step. I even had some thank me for stopping the "lurkers" from taking all the codes and leaving none for the members. It may have helped that I explained that that was the reason for the PM in my initial posting.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @sciTunes: that is exactly how I give out my codes on TA. I too like the personal connection and I get more nice, honest reviews that way.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    great advice.. cheers.
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I love TouchArcade. Takes a lot for me to stay active on a forum for over a year.