Publishing apple app with Windows Creator

BasGoodboyBasGoodboy Member, PRO Posts: 310
Is this possible? Or only possible to publish android apps?

Goodboi Gamestudios | Monster Jumper now on the App Store

Comments

• megapowerskillsmegapowerskills Member Posts: 32
    Possible. You can use macincloud to do the publishing part. That's what I'm currently doing. Macincloud is pretty slow so it's not much use for creating your app but if you export from windows, upload to a dropbox then open in macincloud it's possible.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I've seen a couple of posts where people say that they're running Mac OS on their PC with VMWare, so that may be an option too
  • BasGoodboyBasGoodboy Member, PRO Posts: 310
    my father has an apple, is it handier to export the file and open on his mac and then publish there?

Or is a Windows Creator created game changed on an Apple Creator when imported?

But if i publish my game on Windows Creator, I do see the option 'iphone' at the left bar.
    Only thing I need is the bundle identifier (which I tought you get when registrating at apple as developer)..

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    You should be able to open GS projects that have been created on Windows on your fathers Mac. And yes you do need the Apple iOS Developer license before you can get it on a device. The cookbook provides a guide on how to do all of that. It's a bit long winded but you only really need to do it once, or at least once per device.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    you need a mac to sign the app after it's published, you can do 100% of the process before that on a pc however.
    @johnmulcahy.. so I could do everything on a windows computer, except the 'signing of the app'.

Is it even nessesary to export the app to a Mac computer first then if it's just some kind of signing that's needed?

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    @BasGoodboy since the Windows Version of Creator is a tad bit outdated, there are a few things that you cannot do with it yet. Also, it's been a while since it's been updated and some issues might occur when exporting your app from Windows to Mac and back. They're really minor and you'll get used to it after a while, but as an alternative there are free tools available that can give you a smoother exporting experience.

Anyway don't be discouraged too much -- Windows Creator will definitely get more attention in the near-ish future and at some point both versions will catch up with one another and each's good points (e.g. Windows' Backstage functionality) will meld with each other.
    Thanks mate, I will definately use this.