I will Beta Test your Games

beufreecassebeufreecasse Member Posts: 13
Hi Game Salad community,

My name is Olivier and I'm an experienced quality software manager.
I juts started a little business on Fiverr.com to give the possibility to all indie developers to take advantage of my testing experience.

As every one knows tests are really important now because users and customers are very exigent, and if you underestimate tests you could face a huge deception when publishing your game on stores.
Be sure that if you have big bugs on your game you will receive bad ratings and your game should not become a success.

I work every day in a Software Company where I test a dozen of programs a month.

On fiverr my work is charged 5$ for 1 hour of work, but to be sure you will appreciate my skills I offer a beta test to the 3 first people.

And of course I can use Testflightapp.com to test the compiled version of your game, I am not interested in your GameSalad Project.

Check out my page :
[removed]

Thank you

Comments

• GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    for the first 3 people is it free? if it is can i save my free test until i finish my app? :@)
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    No one knows who you are, this is your first comment on the forums and your website thingy was created 2 days ago. Not being funny but you're wasting your time
  • beufreecassebeufreecasse Member Posts: 13
    Yes you're right, honestly I thought about this concept a week ago because it's a natural extension of my job and now I 'm trying to make it real.
    This why I do it for free now, to give the right to everyone to appreciate my work.
    I think if you try it, you won't lose nothing because it's temporary free.
    edited August 2013
    What I would lose is my idea and hard work because it's temporary free. I'm telling you people have tried this in the past and got nowhere. We have some trust worthy sources here on the forums, some with proper websites. Usually an "experienced quality software manager" would have a portfolio or even a website.

Perhaps show us your work, your demos, basically what you can do with GameSalad and then maybe people will trust you.

@GM_Pandagames @beufreecasse Another thing, if this is one person with different accounts, GS peeps will know and ban you
  • GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    yeah
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I get nothing but disappointment when I use a fiverr.com service.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    5 bucks an hour? That's not even minimum wage. Heck I wouldn't get out of bed for that. What kind of real pro would sell themselves for 5 bucks? I'm suspicious.
  • VolontaArtsVolontaArts Member Posts: 510
    edited August 2013
    yea anytime someone asks to see my game i get a little suspicious lol

besides...i this is something u can just tell your friends to do...just tell them to try and make it freeze lol. but yea build your cred bud and showing some work would be nice. thats all we ask
    @KevinCross its all just a pile of rubbish and waste of time. Your best bet is to advertise your services here or through twitter (facebook is another waste of time) at least people know you
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited August 2013
    For 5 bucks I will say you are awesome and boost your ego. Any takers?

Fiverr is a place for starving artists (or similar). Not a realm for pro experience or success (otherwise you would not use the venue). That may sound harsh, but it is true.

To be fair, there is some talent to be found, but mostly VO up and comers.
    Hi, I understand your scepticism.
    Why someone would test for just 5$?
    Because every business needs to start at one moment, and if I would ask more you would be more sceptical.
    This is why I propose free test in the begining do give you the possibility to believe in me and in my work.
    Also if you want to see my game development work, try to find "Woody's Adventures : R.U.Nuts" on IOS or Android and you will understand I'm not a crook but someone with beliefs and ambition.
    I've already been contacted by two people for free testing, when work is complete and if they are agree I will share some parts of the test reports.
    Also, Website is in progress (http://www.gamesbetatesting.com) but wanted to start with Fiverr because people would trust Fiverr more than an indie website.

Regards,
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2013
    If anyone does use this service (each to their own) I'd strongly recommend looking at something like http://www.testflightapp.com where you can send the compiled version for testing, and NOT your original GameSalad project file that contains all of your logic, rules and assets.

If your beta tester insists on the GameSalad project and you don't know them well enough, or at all, then I'd start to question their motives
    I'm ok about using the testflight service. My purpose is testing not stealing :)
This discussion has been closed.