State of GameSalad on 9-3-2013

2»

Comments

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    Will these sprites still be limited to a square and circle?
    Umm, I'm confused. :)

Sprite sheets are an approach for organizing your images so that we can draw them more efficiently in the engine. Batching is a method that takes advantage of sprite sheets (among other things) to group image drawing so that we can draw more images at one time.

The result? Much higher and consistent frame rates in most cases.

I think he was talking about collision shapes

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Will these sprites still be limited to a square and circle?
    Umm, I'm confused. :)

Sprite sheets are an approach for organizing your images so that we can draw them more efficiently in the engine. Batching is a method that takes advantage of sprite sheets (among other things) to group image drawing so that we can draw more images at one time.

The result? Much higher and consistent frame rates in most cases.

Sorry what I meant was, will the collision shape still be based on the old system that sucks..
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    What happened to connecting to a server using JSON. Is that still on the road map?
    This feature is done. It will be in an upcoming nightly build. I can dive into the deeper details of why it's taking so long to get it out if you like. :)

Best news I heard all week, now I just have to wait to see if some GS master can make thier own leaderboards.

Keep up great work
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    What happened to connecting to a server using JSON. Is that still on the road map?
    This feature is done. It will be in an upcoming nightly build. I can dive into the deeper details of why it's taking so long to get it out if you like. :)

Best news I heard all week, now I just have to wait to see if some GS master can make thier own leaderboards.

Keep up great work
    It wont be able to send stuff to the server
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    Will the multiplayer/JSON mean that we need to register our apps for encryption?
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    @brickamator

Not sure what you mean? If you can't send info to a server, why is it called JSON?
    It's different to multiplayer cause multiplayer requires to send data from one player to another and several hundred games can take place at once.

However JSON is just to the one place, there is no cross overs or anything, so unless I hear from GS team that its not possible, I will wait until it actually arrives.

• dingosmoovdingosmoov Member Posts: 130

Yes deeper details would be nice, since it could allow us to roll our own multiplayer system, or potentially link to someone elses system.

• FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    edited September 2013
    Is the choppiness of the actor(when rotated) fixed? And will it be in the next update then?
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    @CodeWizard IOS 7 comes out next week on September 10, 2013.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @Gamelover456 - really? That's interesting, which rumor did that come from? Do you have a source?
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    @Braydon_SFX I think he's referring to the date of Apple's event and saying they will release it then.

@Gamelover456 iOs 7 will probably not be released then. That is the event where Apple shows off all of their new technology. Most likely they will launch both iOs 7 and the new iPhone at the same time.

Source
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @Gamelover456 - really? That's interesting, which rumor did that come from? Do you have a source?
    Wait... were you being sarcastic..? :P
    - Thomas
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Wait... were you being sarcastic..? :P
    - Thomas
    ...Maybe. ;)