Quality Websites for Great Prices

Hello,

I wanted to tell you guys that I am making websites and if any one is inserted in a website for real cheap I can make one. If you want to earn more just check out my website. http://www.connersprojects.com/websites.html

Please check out some websites that I have created

http://www.theipics.com

http://www.bigthinkinapps.com

http://www.quotepaper.com

Thanks
Conner

Comments

• VolontaArtsVolontaArts Member Posts: 510
    awesome! i will for sure hit you up when im ready!

i have questions though...

how long owuld a professional take?

how does ownership of the website work? like is it under another company? is there a monthly payment for having one?

how does getting the name for you site work? if the name doesnt exist of course.
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    edited September 2013
    @VolontaArts
    You normally have to purchase the domain name on your own from a service like GoDaddy, unless the contract states that the developer has this covered (unlikely).

From my little experience, it's usually:
    -Set fee for the development (this includes minor changes along the way, not after completion)
    -Developer support depends on the agreement, usually it's 2 months free and covers bugs and additional compatibility issues that slipped QA
    -You have to pay for hosting (Check out BlueHost or HostGator)

But really, it depends on the contract. But it's most likely you shouldering the domain and hosting expenses + additional support.

@BIG_THINKIN_APPS Conner, your style is very clean I like it :) keep it up!
    @thegabfather thank you... i feel as if having a website is very important
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    edited September 2013

how does ownership of the website work? like is it under another company? is there a monthly payment for having one?

how does getting the name for you site work? if the name doesnt exist of course.
    A professional would take about 2-3 weeks. There is only a yearly payment for the domain.

I will buy the domain for the client and I will just charge them the price for it and that is what the yearly payment is for.

I hope this makes sense.
    Conner
    edited September 2013
    thank you... does this include a area where people can buy stuff?

edit: just a thought... so this means every website we go to... someones paying to keep it up?
    I could add a online store if that is what you are asking.
    yes cool.
    Do you have any other questions?

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    edited September 2013
    @VolontaArts Every person with a domain (Ex. Google.com) is paying for the rights to the domain and for hosting (To store the websites data and allow access to it).

If you dont want to pay for hosting you can use 000Webhost
    1&1has a $7.99 .com domain for 1 year. So for the first year, if you used 000webhost and bought a domain, it would be $7.99 plus the initial cost to pay a web designer and whatever else you want. (Ex. Whois Guard for domain)

@BIG_THINKIN_APPS These are built with wordpress correct?
    thats all... just give me time, soon i would need a website for sure! thanks for the info

you also @bjandthekatz
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    edited September 2013

A professional would take about 2-3 weeks. There is only a yearly payment for the domain.

I will buy the domain for the client and I will just charge them the price for it and that is what the yearly payment is for.

I hope this makes sense.
    Conner
    So your going to buy these peoples dominos in your own name?? So then they have to go through you each year to renew??

I highly suggest anyone wanting a website first got to www.hostgator.com buy your domain and hosting plan and then if you want to have someone develop your site for you give them access to set that stuff up on your account.

Don't give up control of anything you don't need to!!!

Also Godaddy sucks and should not be used in my own personal opinion
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    @tenrdrmer Why does Godaddy suck? I have my website hosted by Godaddy and I haven't have problems with it.
  • JagonAppsJagonApps Member Posts: 241
    I agree with @tenrdrmer , if the client doesn't pay for the hosting themselves, it could get pretty messy when the client doesn't want the domain anymore, but the developer just bought a new year's contract.
    @BIG_THINKIN_APPS I would also advise you look up about the transfer of copyright from you to your client when the website is complete, making sure your client has full legal ownership of said site.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2013
    So your going to buy these peoples dominos in your own name??
    Dominos?! Yum :)
    I don't have too many bad experiences with GoDaddy. My only grumble with them is that they entice you in with really really cheap domain names but when it comes to renewing them they've gone up quite substantially, which isn't good if you've got like 40-50 of them on your account >.<

I do agree with you though, about the getting at least the domain name in your own name, and not letting someone else hold it for you.
    good insight guys
    I agree with @tenrdrmer , if the client doesn't pay for the hosting themselves, it could get pretty messy when the client doesn't want the domain anymore, but the developer just bought a new year's contract.
    @BIG_THINKIN_APPS I would also advise you look up about the transfer of copyright from you to your client when the website is complete, making sure your client has full legal ownership of said site.
    Thank guys I will now be making it that the client has to buy the domain. And not me.

Thanks for this advice
    Conner

I hope this makes sense.
    Conner
    So your going to buy these peoples dominos in your own name?? So then they have to go through you each year to renew??

I highly suggest anyone wanting a website first got to www.hostgator.com buy your domain and hosting plan and then if you want to have someone develop your site for you give them access to set that stuff up on your account.

Don't give up control of anything you don't need to!!!

I thank you for your advice.

Conner