Questing for (Joe) Fire Maple Games

StanStan Member Posts: 138
edited November -1 in Introductions
Hi Joe, I asked this a while back but I cant find that post anymore and I don't really remember but, im trying to register right in Apple Dev Program and I remember you said you can make it so that for example FireMapleGames shows in iphone which it does and on desktop(iTunes) it shows as your name.
Can you please tell me how you did that?

Thanks

Stan

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Hey Stan!

Jeez! It's been a while...

When you initially sign up for the iPhone Dev Program, there is one text field that asks how you want your name to be displayed on the App Store.

Then there is a big warning that says you can can never change it!

I'm sorry but I don't remember any more than that...

It was all a blur!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Heh... why do people call out firemaplegames or tshirtbooth like they're the only ones that know GameSalad? Let's not make this community too cliquish. Both of those developers are quite skilled and friendly, but they're not the only ones who share useful information.

Anyway, I posted a blog post about this...
    http://photics.com/apples-demand-for-iphone-business-developers-just-the-fax

To get "Photics" as the name that appears in the app store, I had to register as a business. But to complete the process, I had to show Apple proof that my business was official. Yes, you have to choose to register as an individual or a business. If you select the business option, congratulations, you've just created more paperwork for yourself.
  • CapCap Member Posts: 225
    Photics said:
    To get "Photics" as the name that appears in the app store, I had to register as a business. But to complete the process, I had to show Apple proof that my business was official. Yes, you have to choose to register as an individual or a business. If you select the business option, congratulations, you've just created more paperwork for yourself.

Hm, if I understand that correctly, the only thing you had to do was send a fax to Apple?
    I mean, you were able to chose your phantasy name "Photics", but you just had to send a fax where you make sure that this is the name you want to use?!
    Let's say if I want not my name displayed in the App Store, but the name of my website or the "phantasy" name I came up with, I only have to chose "business" and send Apple a fax. Or is that only possible if the business is officialy registered? Else I'd probably stick to my real name.
    I am an individual. I have a "doing business as" form filed so I can cash checks as Fire Maple Games. However, that form alone is not enough to register as a business wih Apple. They initially rejected me and I had to re-enroll as an individual.

So I reenrolled, and when that textfield came up asking what you wanted to appear for the App store name, i VERY tentatively entered Fire Maple Games.

Even though I am just one person, I still want to build up a brand.

It went through ok and I am listed as Fire Maple Games in the store. It still says my name under the copyright in the description.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    They must have changed it

Funny this came up, i was looking through the app store on the ipad this morning to see if anyone got N&N

I happened to click on SS to see how the reviews were doing and i noticed copyright and seller were listed as your name...
    It reminded of that post a while back lol
    They are on to you!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    >> Hm, if I understand that correctly,
    >> the only thing you had to do was
    >> send a fax to Apple?

Not exactly. Apple was picky. While I already registered "Photics" as a business, Apple didn't like the fact that the address didn't match. I originally started my website in 1998. That's when I registered my business. I had to file an Amended Business Certificate (at Borough Hall, not Apple) with the new address and then I faxed that to Apple.

While that may not sound like a complicated process... I think it was $120 to file an Amended Business Certificate. If I had a fax machine and an updated business certificate already, it wouldn't have been too much of a hassle. Yet, it was far easier to do the equivalent on the Android Market.

Heh... but now I can do this...
    http://itunes.com/apps/photics
  • StanStan Member Posts: 138
    @Photics Hi the reason why I asked Joe (FMG)is because there was a post like this way back ago, and Joe answered this question and I haven't seen posts like this any more after that so I made one because I knew Joe should know this. W/O registering as business.
    Fire Maple Games comes up under the listings in the app store. On the game page, my name is used for the copyright.

And like Photics, this works for me as well:

http://itunes.com/apps/firemaplegames
    They must of changed it because there is no text any more that says enter your name they way you want to see it or anything about this can not be changed. Only thing that I see is Company / Organization:

I'm in Complete your personal profile page btw.
    Unless I' not on a right page alright when I was registering last night I didn't see anything where I would enter something like that either.
    Ok I found it, thanks Joe!