Programming Job - Implement Melee Weapons Into Zelda-like (NES) Project [Paid]

Greetings,

I'm looking for an experienced programmer to implement a melee weapon system into the double joystick controls that's including in the official gamesalad control template. Since this control method uses 360 degree aim, the melee weapons would need the same functionality. I'm not in need of the graphics, just the logic programming.

The budget would be a max of $25 as this is my childs project and is a hobby project not really meant for release. Not that it means much but you'd be included in the credits also. Again, since it's a hobby project under 100 people will see it most likely. (just being honest).

The hero and enemies are setup, so it most like by a on collision deal, you'd just need to program in a swing method and of course make sure the weapon swings in the stick direction.

Reply or PM me if interested.

Comments

• DepressedPandaDepressedPanda Member Posts: 215
    Bump bump bumpity bump. Please submit your bid if interested and I'll consider them and get back to everyone. Thanks!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You can submit a ticket over at gshelper and discuss your needs with one of our developers. its not gonna be $25 but we can get you taken care of as cheap as feasibly possible.
  • GamepencilerGamepenciler Artist/Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 326
    It's quite odd that it's a child's project, are kids learning programming now?

Artist/Game Developer / Animator at your service..

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I learnt programming when I was a child. Many many moons back

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited September 2013
    I learnt programming when I was a child. Many many moons back

I also learnt programming when I was a child. oh wait... I am still a child as I am only 15 ;)
    but don't let this turn into another threat, lets get back to the post of @DepressedPanda
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I find it more odd one would pay for someone to work on thier kids project vs teaching/making them learn hiw to do it. But hey that's the asshole dad in me I guess.
    Kids can't program now? And I wouldn't exactly consider GameSalad programming. More so logic with some math.
    I find it more odd one would pay for someone to work on thier kids project vs teaching/making them learn hiw to do it. But hey that's the asshole dad in me I guess.
    May want to spend your time teaching your kids on not passing judgement when you don't know the situation. You obviously never got that lesson.

Thanks for everyone who responded. Someone PM'ed and and took the job. Mods can close the topic.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Yet you are here asking for help.

That's an unpleasant reaction. How about reconsidering the variables here?
    Yet you are here asking for help.

That's an unpleasant reaction. How about reconsidering the variables here?
    I would totally reconsider if your response made sense in the least. I offered a freelance job, not a request for judgement on my parenting habits.

Case closed, let it go. No more good can come to this topic as the job is filled, completed, and paid for.
This discussion has been closed.