Any Good Tips/Tutorials For Making Graphics?

Hey there everyone. I have been working on a new game but the problem is I don't have good graphics. Does anyone know good tutorials or have any tips for making graphics?

Comments

• DestinyXDestinyX Member Posts: 12
    Thx for the quick response uptimistik! I would hire someone but the problem is I am only 13 years old and don't have the money or credit card to do so.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    You could start out with old school bitmap images. The learning curve is a bit lower and you get some nice results at an earlier stage then when you would learn traditional drawing.
    If possible draw vector images. Device sizes change overtime ind in my opinion vector art is much more reusable.
    Good luck and above all have fun!
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Youtube is your friend. If you have photoshop for example, look up some ideas there. Or whatever software you are using for images, youtube and google are great places to start.

Or search out deviant art and look at some of the free stuff.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• pryceczechpryceczech Member, PRO Posts: 15
    Pick up a copy of GIMP, which is free, and just start clicking around, seeing what each tool does. Or, follow along some tutorials on YouTube. Even if the pictures are boring to you, you'll learn your craft.

Also, opengameart.org can help out with resources.
  • RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    have you heard of this site?
    2dgameartforprogrammers.blogspot.com
    Its a blog filled with tutorials for inkscape, an awesome program for game art.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    I use Inkscape to do my graphics it's free and there are plenty of tutorial on the web. Just google it to find out what you need to know. I have only been developing here for two months and managed to do all my own graphics.

But my game is cartoonish in appearance so the graphics are simple. I did all my own buttons and traced some other images and changed them to suit my game. You can also import free svg files from lots of places and change them to suit your game.

I don't know what it would be like to use for high end graphics but from what I have seen on the web it should do a good job.

Make sure all your graphics are 72 dpi for optimisation in GameSalad.