How/or where can you easily learn code?

Just wonderin where a person starts learning code from who or what and not some class I mean a book or maybe even online if you type it in? Thx :-)

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Hi Justin, I have a bunch of step by step tutorials for gamesalad at the website in my signature below, they can certainly help you get started.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Head on over to GSHelper.com. We have hundreds of free tutorials as well as some handy project files.
  • artfishartfish Member, PRO Posts: 369
    @Justin007h a great resource to help you easily learn the basics of a lot of different languages is codeacademy.com, and it's free!
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited October 2013
    If its a book your after Photics made an unofficial gs guide.

http://photics.com/books/gamesalad-textbook/

If its templates you want to learn from with notes to guide the user with how it works check out my sig as we have over 50 free templates over at DBA for Mac and PC users.

Darren.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited October 2013

Hi @Justin007h Just for the record: it's a bit unclear if by code you mean using GSC, or actual coding... GameSalad is advertised as "Drag and Drop, No Code" : and can be called programming but isn't really coding (you could say the coding has been done by the GS team and put into building blocks for us to program with, so it can be considered a sort of high-end object-oriented programming)....

But that still doesn't stop a few people from calling it coding/code when referring to programming/Rules in GSC...hey, their choice!!

Useful info from the other guys; also to add, if you did mean actual coding, I'd recommend learning one of the many types of BASIC as programming in BASIC is similar to the way we program in GameSalad Creator. Some of the modern-day implementations of BASIC are object-oriented too, like RealBASIC as an example, or even still LiveCode in the main.

And if you meant programming in GSC, a good start is the GS Manual, as well as running through the exercises in The Cookbook - both found under the Help tab at the top of this website.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    I would definitely call it programming, regardless as to whether or not you're writing full lines of code. You still have to work through the logic and maths like any other programmer using scripting languages would.
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    Check out TShirtBooth on youtube and download a few templates to rip apart.
  • GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2013
    i dont know if your talking about real stuff that i have no i have no idea how to do :D