Looking for a development partner

Hello everyone, i m looking for a partner, to help me with artistic stuff i cant do by myself
I dont just need an artist, i need someone who loves what he/she does, someone with passion for this.
This is profit share, i m a coder and i have no problem to show you my works if you are interested
I m looking for someone at least 18 years old
Thank you!

Comments

• Vlak21Vlak21 Member, PRO Posts: 1
    It needs to be from USA? Because I can help, but I live in Ecuador
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited October 2013
    why are you looking for someone at least 18 years old? don't you like children? maybe someone who is 11 years old is even better then someone who is 18. you never know, so why would you only want to work with someone at least 18 years old?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    why are you looking for someone at least 18 years old? don't you like children? maybe someone who is 11 years old is even better then someone who is 18. you never know, so why would you only want to work with someone at least 18 years old?
    I imagine it's due to legal issues.

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

QS

what kind of legal issues? aren't you allowed to work with someone younger then 18?
    thanks for your comment though :)
    I just don't understand the problem. I already lost some clients because I am to young (what I didn't understand)

QS

what kind of legal issues? aren't you allowed to work with someone younger then 18?
    thanks for your comment though :)
    I just don't understand the problem. I already lost some clients because I am to young (what I didn't understand)
    Here's one example I got after a quick google:

"you cannot usually be legally held to a contract you make when you are under 18."

This applies to the UK so not sure about elsewhere.

Having said that, if I were to enter into a business agreement with someone, contracts would have to be drawn up and agreed to by both parties.

If the other party was under 18, they would make such contracts meaningless as it couldn't be enforced.

Thus, you are taking a huge risk working with someone under 18 where contracts are involved.

Hope that helps,

QS

Okay, I understand the contract part. But that is for a company right? You have to be 18 to get a contract to work for a company. But @tutyses is just looking for a partner, not for a company member. But maybe he has a reason for that.
    Thanks for info @QS
    No, the thing I was referring to was for an individual.

It's why you can't normally get loans from a bank as an individual under 18. The contract would be void, and you wouldn't be liable for any debts you incur.

QS

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Damn it... better fire my housekeeper then... she just turned seven...
  • MoxieArtsMoxieArts Member Posts: 2
    Im an artist / designer. I may need a coder. could potentially trade skills. looking for a scrabble template to start with.
  • SampleTestSampleTest Member Posts: 26
    Need some VN Writer in this project and several designer on others
    Have several minigames here too that includes physics/vector damn annoying to code

I need a designer
    @MoxieArts lets team up?

Sample part of coding

includes Database Access, Particles, Animated Background (technically switching bg per game frame etc...)
    :)>-
  • harrywatsonharrywatson Member Posts: 61
    What's the code then? My passion would be to make simple games that amaze people.

So what would you offer> c++ ? I want to make games with narrative. I've done some 'attendance register PHP kind of stuff ' and quite a few bespoke websites. Mainly I'm an artist. But I don't distinguish between games or woodcarving or prints or painting or game engines. Just starting out at the age of 47. With gaming code that is.
    Arty stuff here >>
    I like Samsara Room. and games by Psionic Interesting idea - to collaborate. I'm open to the idea. Not really looking to learn another computer language if I can help it. Regards Harry
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    You young people need to stop getting offended because adults prefer to work with adults. Stop taking it as some kind of bias. It's personnel preference and it's really not proper for adults to be engaged with minors for tons of reasons. If I were your parents I would be concerned about you contacting and communicating with adults you didn't really know. You don't even know who this person is and as a business partner you'd need to reveal tons of personal info.
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    edited November 2013
    "don't you like children?"
    I agree @FryingBaconStudios, it's more complicated than you think. It doesn't really have to do with what he thinks of your skill that might be lowered due to you being younger. It's business, so don't take it personally.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

I am not getting offended. I was just asking what the problem was working with children. And I dont take it personally ;) Just wanted to know why he (and other people) doesnt want to work with children. So I think I should wait some years to help clients or work with a business partner and just make my own games for now ;)
  • tutysestutyses Member Posts: 134
    I actually dont have any problem working with someone young
    It s just that they arent as mature as i want, thats all, of course age is not a measure of how mature you are, and i m aware that you might be even more skilled than someone older than you, this post is kind of old but I m still looking for some so, if someone is looking for a partnership send me a private message and we can talk