Colliding movement

DenkiWolfDenkiWolf Member Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I'm having and interesting problem.
When I have my two characters collide they continue moving.
Like actor one hits actor two and actor two goes flying in the other direction.
How do I stop it from doing this?

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    What do you *want* them to do when they collide?

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• DenkiWolfDenkiWolf Member Posts: 3
    Well it is going to be a fighter game so when they touch each other I don't want them to move.
    But when they get hurt do a hurt picture but not move back like that.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    They also don't have to have the Collide behavior. That is only for physical collisions. The event detection of overlaps or collides will still activate if they strike.
  • DenkiWolfDenkiWolf Member Posts: 3
    well what I want to do is after a hit have the counter go down a certain amount and at zero they die.
    And I tried the no_bounce but now instead of the first actor traveling around and stopping when it hits the second actor it travels with the second. (I have the stage revolveing)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I had a similar problem in a platformer game with collision. I find that turning off the collide behavior makes colliding more inaccurate, so with turning on the collide behavior, my main player's "pounce" or "stomp" mechanism works much better, whereas when the collide behavior was off, even if she pounced on the enemy to it's side, she would get struck as oppose to destroying him.

As far as keeping the enemy from moving, the only solution I've found so far is to play with the density attribute under the physics panel, the more dense the actor, the harder they are to move when struck.

Try that, and hope it helps!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Also, create a rule when player overlaps or collides with enemy, animate: (player getting hit, however many frames you do)

And try increasing the density of each of the actors and see if this will help with preventing movement