Movement of objects

Hey guys hopefully this will be one of my few last questions (no promises I'm new) I need to know how to let the player move an object (tool) around but I don't want them to move objects there not supposed to for instance a ball is supposed to fall into the net but there's an object blocking the top so ill get whatever supplies I have (tools) to make it land it into the net, so I can lock down some of the surfaces so they can't just move the object away from the net but they have there own set of (tools) to fix it with that obstacle but even though I can lock down the surfaces I don't want the player to move the ball they could still move the ball which I don't want them to do I can't lock it down so it doesent move because then the ball won't fall from gravity, how do I just make the player only able use certain tools?

Comments

• GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    i need more description...
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    If I understand you correctly you want a ball to longer be movable once it's reached a goal, in this case a net.

Add an attribute to the ball called "locked". On your rule that moves the ball add if locked is false. This means the ball will only move when locked is unchecked/false. When it collides with the net you want to the change attribute so that locked is true. Now that it's true the movement rule will no longer work and you will have an immovable ball.