Cost to develop iPhone games?

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
Hey all,

What is the total cost to get up and running to develop iphone games? I know the GS fee but what are the total development fees from apple?

Thanks,

Dooki

Comments

• DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Thanks!
    I was in the process of signing up at the apple dev site and I saw "pick a program" step further down and I was worried that it was going to be another cost. So $200 and that's it huh! Yahoo!

-Dooki
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    The only other costs are your time and any extras you may want to buy to put in your games such as graphics, sfx or music etc.

Good luck
    JCFord
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Thanks all!
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    @JCFord: I circumvent that by finding free graphics and sounds/songs.

I usually use clip art for my graphics. Best I can do for now. Can't afford a drawing tablet, photoshop, illustrator, or to pay for already made graphics.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    @Koda89: Forget Photoshop, it's overpriced. Take an look at photoline (www.pl32.com). Only 60 euro. I've been using it for years. Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) for vector graphics, it's free:)
  • kwekwekarukwekwekaru Member Posts: 5
    Also Try GIMP for doing Grafix, for Audio ya can't beat Audacity tho if ya haz iLife's Garageband thats even betta. Want to add 3D imagery try learning Blender ALSO free.

I currently mocking up a Mohawk Language Learning doodad, Doubt I ever pay the $$$ to release this on iPod/iPhone/iPad but assume it will workz via Safari on them. Alot of Work but I like doing this

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/55978
  • kwekwekarukwekwekaru Member Posts: 5
    DRAT, don't work in Safari on iPod touch
  • mandancemandance Member Posts: 87
    Right now I'm in 2,000 bucks for initial investment (Never owned a mac before) and about 120 hours... Lets hope it pans out.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    kwekwekaru said:...assume it will workz via Safari on them...

Not currently. The safari GS player requires a plugin that is not available to the iDevices...