Image Distortion Issue

Hello :D

For my game I am trying to import graphics, but every time I do, the art is distorted in some way...sometimes the image is compressed and other times it is expanded. The only way I know to resolve this is to use size change attributes to get my images to size, but for my complex game this gets inefficient and extremely difficult. Does anyone know of another way to fix this? I know there have been many threads on this but none of their solutions have worked, as my images are 72dpi and the correct dimensions. Thanks!

PS: I'm using the program stykz to make my art.

Comments

• GM_PandagamesGM_Pandagames Member Posts: 228
    make them all png's and how many images do youm have
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited October 2013

Another couple of things to consider too: if you've checked Resolution Independence (which you should do really, make sure your width and height of your images are each twice the size that you want to appear in the scene (also make sure these doubled dimensions are divisible by 4, for optimum quality).

Also remember that if you drag any image into an actor on screen, the image will distort to fit into the size of the actor... so if the actor's dimensions are different than the size of the image, you'll get distortion. Best to drag images into your Library or Inspector, and then drag the image with its actor onto the scene that way.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps