my Game ***Steam Jack*** WIP

2»

Comments

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    91.5 MB getting bigger by the minute ... Looking forward to seeing the finished project ... ;-)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    91.5 MB getting bigger by the minute ... Looking forward to seeing the finished project ... ;-)
    Yea it's bigger then I would like, I really want it under the 100mb limit, Good news is, I've done no Image optimizing so once thats done should drop a bit. The current versions actual build size is about 120mb for Ad-Hoc.

edited March 2014
    So here's the 98% finished "Martian Flapper Bird" my 3rd mini-game. I'm still tweaking the speed of game and need to add leaderbords well to ever thing in "Steam Jack" but almost there.

edited March 2014
    I've now moved into the nightly builds for the last part of the game because that has the other things I wish to use, but that has come with a few issues alpha channels a problem hopefully that gets fixed, also images seem to load slower on start but I can work around that and some physics seem to work different, still playing with that. 10.3 seemed a lot better to me but I will see as I move forward and make some changes here.

But I have added leader boards to all 4 games what a snap that was, and also took advantage of the new text conditions I like those.

Anyway just felt like saying something its lonely in front of my computer,lol.

Edit:

Changed my mind I'm out of the nightly builds for now to many issues popping up things that worked perfect before are breaking, I'll try later,lol.
    So added Leader Boards to the games except "Plasmag Miner" none there it's just a simple short time waster.

I also spent a few hours running all images through tinypng.com to try and reduce game size and was able to lose around 45mb, game used to show in iTunes at 123+mb now it's show 78+mb very nice and looks the same only had to fix two images so far.

So in the end:.

Steam Jack: 32 levels 8 worlds:

secret areas to locate and find coins.
    also hidden keys to find to unlock safes for extra points.

3 mini-Games to unlock: coins needed to unlock these.

"Steam Rover" A Moon Patrol type game.
    "Plasmag Miner" A Thrust/Lunar Lander variant type game.
    "Martian Flapper Bird" guess what this is like,lol.

All of the mini-Games use assets from main game and are just story fill-ins for main game and a way for me to expand my story and the universe of Steam Jack.

Sure all of my games are just ripOff's of every other game made. but what game is not these days hard to be 100% original and at least with mine you get 4 for price of 1, lol..

So still doing some testing and looking for bugs hopefully can upload in a few days.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Seems to be coming along nice, I can see a lot of work has gone into this one :)

Darren.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Love the art in that mini game! Keep up the great work!
    Seems to be coming along nice, I can see a lot of work has gone into this one :)

Darren.

So much work sometimes I can't even remember why I did somethings until I remove them, and then I'm like. Oh Yea, I need that back.
    Love the art in that mini game! Keep up the great work!
    Thanks, I've finished the Flappy style game 100% made a few changes from first video not much added the required martian antenna's to the the Martian Bird and animated the foreground on intro and put a big creature that moves behind the mountains in the background, just trying to give the game a little more life. also the red on the buttons and menu is not Blood it's Red Weed, aka H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds.

And all of the Art carriers from the main game into the Mini-games so it all blends in one way or another.

Video gets a little glitchy but game plays smooth.

It looks like you are nearly there ... Good work mate ... Looking forward to checking it out when complete ... I wish this stuff was around when I was 13 ... ;-)
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    Loooks Awesome!!!!
    ---
    Benjamin

So finally after more then a year. Game is done, and I just submitted it to Apple.

I'm so happy. :'(

• radagarradagar Member, PRO Posts: 47

this is a very nice game its like Mario meets steam punk all grown up good job great graphics and game mechanics.

Thanks It's no Flappy Bird but I did my best..but I did sneak that in there. >:)

Congrats! It takes some serious dedication to work on a game that long. Here's hoping it gets the success it deserves.

@Braydon_SFX‌

Thanks, yea success is hard to find and even harder to predict, but I learned so much making this game and now anything I can imagine or something I want in my game I can do it if Gamesalad can handle it.

I'm working on a Final Game Trailer now, so will post it a little later. I'm pretty proud of this game no matter what.

Here's my official game trailer. and I also change my developer name to Pixelmold wanted something that sounded more game like and thats what I came up with and it was not taken ".com" wise. still working on new website but switched over to godaddy managed Wordpress and I'm at a loss right now..but I'll get it going.

anyway http://www.Pixelmold.com

Looks pretty solid. Nice job.

So I rejected binary from apple day after submitting. I decided to go with a universal binary instead. it was just iPad before but after some thought and playing game on a old Android phone. I figured what the hey and I'm never gonna rework entire game just for iPhone 5. So using the stretch feature and spending most of yesterday fixing things the RC build broke just some animations actually, I think the RC and Nightly build are handling the Animation a different way. but now it all works great on iPad and iPhone 5, and I have now submitted a new Universal build so lets see what happens.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• MinecraftGeekMinecraftGeek Member, PRO Posts: 76

@BBEnk said:
    So I rejected binary from apple day after submitting. I decided to go with a universal binary instead. it was just iPad before but after some thought and playing game on a old Android phone. I figured what the hey and I'm never gonna rework entire game just for iPhone 5. So using the stretch feature and spending most of yesterday fixing things the RC build broke just some animations actually, I think the RC and Nightly build are handling the Animation a different way. but now it all works great on iPad and iPhone 5, and I have now submitted a new Universal build so lets see what happens.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Looks awesome dude, how did you get the stretch feature to work though?

@MinecraftGeek said:
    Looks awesome dude, how did you get the stretch feature to work though?

It seems it didn't work my tester just told me its not working. but it works on my Android phone. anyway Oh Great another delay and another rejected Binary,lol. this game will never see the light of day.

Ok so after some testing it seems the night build stretch works just 11 is broke were back in business. :)

So got it submitted for Apple iOS universal and Amazon/Android should I go for Tizen? ,lol.

The current Tizen update is broken. If you do it make sure you test your game thoroughly on the emulator before you submit it ... :smiley: