Is it a bad idea to use sprite makers when making games?

I'm usually a guy who likes to make my sprites and stuff on my own, but there are some sprites I can't design very well, and I'm wondering if I should use sprite makers. I usually never use them as they don't require much effort, and I like taking the effort to make my own, but for the game I might wanna make in the future (A possible RPG) I'm not sure if I'd be able to design all of those sprites. What do you all think I should do?

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Comments

• BellowBellow Bartender Member, PRO Posts: 227
    sometimes good sometimes bad. I am working alone too all sprites and arts and codes together hard but its the fun. When you complete the game you will look and said i did all this without any help.

If you want to use sprite maker use it it will help you if you dont want to use it dont use it its simple. Its not a bad thing. But you cant take perfect sprites with sprite maker.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Game Making requires the use of tools so use them if available, I've done most of my current game in Blender makes creating animations easy so why not, it's still all your work and imagination at the end.
  • willkeslingwillkesling Member, PRO Posts: 123
    This is an interesting post. If I am not mistaken, game salad only has box and circle collision on actors. I know with sprite maker you could make sprites with custom collision shapes. Like a star, etc. Does anyone know if this can be done in GS?