Can one have a second account solely for publishing?

ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
edited November 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
Can I have a second account solely for publishing apps? So one account for posting on the forums, and one account for publishing. I know it's against the rules to post with two accounts, but what about doing this?

(I posted this as a question vs. a PM to a mod because I think others may have the same question).

Thanks
Chakku

Answers

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Not really sure why 'many others' might want to do that, but just do it, they'd never know!

It only becomes a problem if you've got a Pro account I guess
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    can I ask why you would want such a thing? seems like just a headache
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    @jonmulcahy
    I hope to get a pro account. I'm irrationally paranoid that I could get banned and locked out of my Pro account. Also wanted to use my primary email for the pro account since I used my secondary one to sign up for this one. I would not post at all on the pro account, other than possibly in the "Announce Your Game!" section.

You are the perfect person to ask since you're a mod- can I do this?

Chakku
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Id personally say no. Even if your banned from the forums it doesn't lock you out of your publishing side of the account.

Personally it sounds like scheme to have a shared pro account that would not require you to give out your main forum password. But I'm sure no one here would ever do such a thing...

And btw that would be grounds for GameSalad to revoke your license without a refund so I don't suggest doing so. They can see ip addresses and I'm sure it would look fishy to have multiple places across the country accessing the same account at the same time.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    They can see ip addresses and I'm sure it would look fishy to have multiple places across the country accessing the same account at the same time.
    They don't have time to be running searches on duplicate/multiple IP addresses, there's bugs to be fixed! :)
    Id personally say no. Even if your banned from the forums it doesn't lock you out of your publishing side of the account.
    @tenrdrmr
    very useful info!

Nope, I don't have any intentions of doing what you described. I may relocate to another state late-2014, but that's only a possibility. Either way, I'm not sharing an account with anybody else.
    I suppose I'll get Pro on this account itself if a mod or head chef could confirm the quote at the top of this comment. I just wanted to separate my publishings from my postings. I can see why GS would be tracking IPs, but as @KevinCross said they have more important things to do. I've observed other members refer to their 'publishing account' or 'pro account', and was just wondering if I could have a publishing account before generating my first app.

Thanks
    Chakku
    Unless you violate their TOS GameSalad is not going to revoke your publishing abilities. Banning (as far as what sous chefs can do) is only tied to the vanilla forums software.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    Unless you violate their TOS GameSalad is not going to revoke your publishing abilities. Banning (as far as what sous chefs can do) is only tied to the vanilla forums software.
    . . . but it also means you can't do stuff like buy assets in the Marketplace or even buy a Pro account, the way GameSalad works it can actually be quite debilitating to be banned.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Planning to get banned, Chakku? ;)
    Planning to get banned, Chakku? ;)
    @Braydon_SFX
    :)) nope, but I don't want to risk my pro payment ;)

Chakku

I tell ya what. @chakku I'm going to ban you from the forums for like 20 minutes and then you can test and see if you still have access to the marketplace as well. I'm pretty sure that is not affected either. While to forums use the same login system as the rest if the site the entire thing is still separate. Hence why they can't just make pro badges show for people and instead have to manually check and then add them.

Also what the heck are you so worried your going to do to get banned.

Let me know when your ready for your temp ban.
    . . . but it also means you can't do stuff like buy assets in the Marketplace or even buy a Pro account, the way GameSalad works it can actually be quite debilitating to be banned.
    I don't think that is accurate. Not from the ban I can dish out. Now head chefs I know have a far deeper reach as to what they can ban you from but my goodness you have really pissed someone off if they won't even let you buy marketplace assets.

Also what the heck are you so worried your going to do to get banned.
    @tenrdrmr
    Nothing specific. Don't want to post something that is off-mark and get banned for it, only to realize my Pro is also inaccessible.

Let me know when your ready for your temp ban.
    Lets not play around with bans, don't want to taint my record.

Hopefully a head chef can chime in here and clear this up...
    Haha there is no record to taint. The ban will say its just a test.

And good luck with a head chef. They have not been with GameSalad long and we no longer have a community mana have who's job is to actually know the forums. I'm sure they can find an answer somewhere but your gonna get an answer faster if we just do this. I sent you an email. Did you get it?
    edited November 2013
    I don't think that is accurate. Not from the ban I can dish out. Now head chefs I know have a far deeper reach as to what they can ban you from but my goodness you have really pissed someone off if they won't even let you buy marketplace assets.
    Lol ! :)

I could, of course, be wrong, but when I was banned I couldn't do much anything as far as I remember . . .
    Haha there is no record to taint. The ban will say its just a test.

And good luck with a head chef. They have not been with GameSalad long and we no longer have a community mana have who's job is to actually know the forums. I'm sure they can find an answer somewhere but your gonna get an answer faster if we just do this. I sent you an email. Did you get it?
    I think you should ban Chakku for a few weeks, you know, just to test stuff ;)
    Well if we can get @chakku to play ball here we will put this to rest for good. And if he spells my name right I will even un ban him when he's done testing his access. ;)
    @tenrdrmer

Even if it is just a test, I plan on applying for the next Line Cook recruitment, and I don't want this to ruin my chances. The person running the application process might just look and see that I have 1 ban, and not look further and see it was a test.

However, I'm willing to make an account called "ChakkuBanTest1" or something just to test this out.

Chakku
    No second accounts!!! You get banned for realz for those. You are seriously putting in way to much thought or concern on this.
    @tenrdrmer
    I suppose I am, but I am too uncomfortable banning myself intentionally, I'll leave it at that. It's a shame that SSS isn't here to swiftly answer this.

Anyways, my question for you is I have seen multiple high-profile members reference a "publishing account"- why hasn't that even been addressed. From reading the Forum rules, it seems that 2 accounts can't be used for posting, since they don't want people bumping their own post with other accounts. However, I don't think having a second account strictly for publishing is against the rule, because, again, I've seen so many big-names here reference it.

Chakku
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Are they even accepting line cook/ sous chef submissions anymore?
    Are they even accepting line cook/ sous chef submissions anymore?
    @Braydon_SFX
    Not at the moment, but they usually open up the application process every now and then. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened sometime next year.

Chakku
    I wouldn't be surprise if it never reopened to be honest.