Can you upload a video to your game? Are there any tutorials for this?

Hi there!

I am new to this software and am literally learning how to use it, but I already have an idea for an educational app which is what drove me to find GameSalad!

My question is...Is it possible to use videos in your game? If so, could I create a game in which the video pauses or stops for a player to make a choice, and then the video continues once the player has made that choice?

For instance, let's say a video begins of a woman making a sandwich. A narrator might ask "what is the woman doing?" The video would then "pause," and the player would be given two options, "making a sandwich" or "watching TV." If chosen the wrong answer, the player would receive some sort of "incorrect" notion (buzz sound, X mark, etc.), and be prompted to try again. If correct, the video would continue playing.

Is this sort of function possible through Game Salad's software? I ask because I am new to this, and have no idea where to begin. Obviously, this is more advanced and I was going to begin with simple tasks such as a start up and interactions screens. If so, are there any tutorials out there that I could watch to help me out?

I've searched and searched, but when you type in "Game Salad upload video" or something similar, most results that pop up are "GAMESALAD VIDEO TUTORIAL- HOW TO DO..." and it's never actually a video about using a video. If that makes sense. lol

To anyone who takes the time to read this, thank you! And especially if anyone responds!

Much Obliged!

-romans08v37

Comments

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    You can't include videos but you could break it down into frames/images and insert it as an animation. A full screen animation might be laggy though.

If the woman is the only thing that moves in the video you could crop her out and animate just her against a stationary background. I do of course know that would be a lot of work, depending on the quality you're going for, and how long the clips are