All-round programmer looking for collaboration [CLOSED]

The8BitManThe8BitMan Member Posts: 14
Hello Everyone! Love the forum!
I do have to apologise to all the moderators of this site as this post in fact has nothing to do with GameSalad but I ask for tolerance over this as I am asking for help from the community.

About Me

I am a student programmer from the UK and I am looking for a partner(s) to build a game with. I am a very flexible coder, fluent or at least highly-skilled in many programming languages such as:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • XML
  • PHP
  • AS3
  • VBA
and have many credentials to my name, even in my youth. Examples being:
  • Finishing in the top 10 for the national young games designer BAFTA award
  • Regional Finalist in the UK Maths Challenge, earning a gold award and finishing 6th in the team regional challenge - the only non private school to reach the top 25
  • Upcoming internship at Jodrell Bank - running the server-side communicatiion
I would like to build a game that really is amazing but I need collaboration to do so. Being young, it is impossible to find secure work so I have came to this forum to ask for help. I do not have a large portfolio due to the nature of my coding - I have previously focused in small assets so I have no complete work but to demonstrate the level of pseudo code that I can achieve, here is a link to a particle system set up in Stencyl - yes, I have achieved this with a graphical language. I am very flexible with hours and work so I will do whatever works best. If you have any questions or want to work with me, please reply to this post or contact me via email -

tim.hargreaves@icloud.com

Thank you for your time
-Tim

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    So just to clarify, you're wanting to build a game with GameSalad?
  • The8BitManThe8BitMan Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2013
    So just to clarify, you're wanting to build a game with GameSalad?
    Sorry for not making that clear. I will develop with whatever is best. I am working FOR my partner. Whatever they want, I will supply. I will probably not use game salad as I do not have a license but I am asking on this forum because I have seem some skilled work come through the pipeline here.

• FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    @The8BitMan
    Do you want to work for money or just for fun and get a wider portfolio and expirence?
    @The8BitMan
    Do you want to work for money or just for fun and get a wider portfolio and expirence?
    I am mainly interested in building a portfolio but if we make a successful game then I will take a fair split to further my game development.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    If you're not going to use GS, asking for work on their forums probably isn't accepted...
    edited November 2013
    If you're not going to use GS, asking for work on their forums probably isn't accepted...
    I understand how you feel but by asking for work aren't I in fact benefitting any users of the forum who want a partner? I have previously used gamesalad but I prefer hardcore code or for pseudocoding and basics in languages I don't want to learn I use Stencyl just because of it's layout. I hope you can have some tolerance for this despite that fact.
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    @The8BitMan
    Please send me a message so we could discuss.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Are you familiar with Unity?
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    go on freelancer and bid for projects. don't let any of these people take you for a ride for free work
    Are you familiar with Unity?
    Not particularly. I never tried to learn unityscript because it just didn't appeal to my style of work. I like smaller scale but brilliant projects over big projects.like that.
    go on freelancer and bid for projects. don't let any of these people take you for a ride for free work
    Bidding? I'm pretty much broke....
    I don't have the money to hire workers or work on large projects so I'm best asking for a collaboration with amateur/semi-pro developers for now.
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    Bidding? I'm pretty much broke....
    I don't have the money to hire workers or work on large projects so I'm best asking for a collaboration with amateur/semi-pro developers for now.
    Team6Labs is suggesting that you'll find work there. You can bid to execute projects which you think are doable within your taste and skill set.

Team6Labs is suggesting that you'll find work there. You can bid to execute projects which you think are doable within your taste and skill set.
    Oh I see, I'll take a look at that. Thank you.