What are the 'pro level tool features?' for a PRO Developer

TobyToby Member Posts: 478
What are the pro level tool features mentioned for the PRO developer? Can seem to find any mention of what it is and what the features would be.

Comments

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    I am very curious too, while i think that i don't want a gamesalad-Splashscreen on my game ... for what should i pay 1500$ on top???

Arrays?, Online Highscore?, What do we get here???
  • sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    Agreed, SDMG. The extra $1500 -- PER YEAR -- for the PRO level does remove the splash screen, and there is some value in that.

In addition to the aforementioned question about the PRO features, what exactly does "Live support incidents" mean -- a support phone number for problems/help vs. posting in the forums? A fixed or unlimited number of incidents? If I'm going to consider the PRO membership, this information is critical.

Also, is this pricing just for the iPhone Early Access Program? Does this imply that when GameSalad Creator moves out of Beta, that there will be new pricing levels?

Thanks,

Steve
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hi fellas. The Pro version, as you can imagine, is intended for small companies and power-developers. The current (0.5.0) version of the tool does not contain Pro features. However among those you will see the ability to access outside URLs, custom networking support, and advanced analytics reports. Those are just a few. Just like GameSalad has been since we launched, we will continue to add new features as they are developed. Thanks for the questions.

As far as the pricing, the Early Access Program represents pricing structures that we are able to implement at this point. We hope to add different models in the future that will allow us a greater degree of flexibility.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    nope - not yet.

Unless you turn all your assets on their side!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I think there might be a special GameSalad bowlboy logo pillow in the merchandise store that will help with that. ;)
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Yes, you can upgrade at a prorated rate, however for now you'll have to contact us directly to do so as our checkout service does not support that yet. It will though.
  • shodanngshodanng Member Posts: 3
    superNES,
    Can your company make a simple function comparing list for Indie and Pro?
    Just like Unity also has a function comparing list.
    It will help a lots for choosing the right service.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    This has been discussed in several forums. This is what I've read from other forums.

The CURRENT difference between Indie and Pro is the splash screen and URLs.

High score server will be available in the future in both versions.

URLs would allow you to make a lite version with a link to the paid version, or a link to your app/company website. Apple would like for you to replace this with it's in app purchases. This would eliminate all the lite versions. The question was asked of GS if in app purchases would be in the Indie version and the answer was don't know yet.

Network support - is just that. Network type apps for example - two players on two separate devices racing each other.

Live support incidents - means you have someone at GS (assigned) who you can talk with about your issue.

Advanced analytics reports - Not sure about this one??????

Anything else like 3D or advanced features are up in the air...to be determined.

If I'm wrong then please someone from GS correct me.
  • sewinstonsewinston Member Posts: 51
    Analytics is (are?) usage data. I'm not sure how GS implements it because I'm not a pro member, but basically most iphone apps record a time stamp every time you launch and close the app. This data is then sent back to the developer (it's why some apps tend to lag after you hit the home button) who can see stats on how often the app is launched and how long the user is using it. It's useful if you wish to sell ads, doing a corporately branded app/game, or just wish to see how fast people are getting bored with your game.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I'm just going to chime in that more detail on this topic from Game Salad would be much appreciated.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Ditto on design219's comment above.

More info on networking and also it would be nice to be able to pull assets (images) from a URL and send tidbits of the game data back too (i.e. the high score)...if you are going to pay $2K! Seems like quite a bit for mainly splash screen removal.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    $1999

its only $199 isn't it?
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Oh didn't see the extra 9

Wow thats a lot of money.
  • FoleyFoley Member Posts: 37
    I'm fairly certain GS generates app analytics through a company called Pinch Media. That's how I implement analytics into my xcode-written apps.

Pinch Media Analytics is quite powerful- you can track usage, downloads, crashes, average times an app is used per user, view number of users per country, track the type of device the app is installed on, even implement flags that track things like how often a player reaches a certain level, or beats the game, or uses a particular feature, etc. For example, it could allow a developer to evaluate their game and determine if a particular level or boss is too tough or too easy.

Pinch media analytics is actually free to developers, but you need to be able to implement it yourself into xcode. If you are strictly building apps in GS it looks like you will need to upgrade to the Pro level to get analytics on your games.

That's not to say GS doesn't deserve some compensation for integrating Pinch Media. After all, the physics engine GS uses (Box 2D) is free as well, but like Pinch Media you have to know how to code. What you are really paying GS for is the easy development interface and superb integration of all these tools into a fantastic tool. they have clearly put a tremendous amount of work into their product.