Can't upload binary - Invalid Provisioning File - Missing Code Signing Certificate

mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
I have been trying to tidy up my certificates and provisioning profiles today.

I am now successfully using the iOS Team Provisioning profile and that works fine for development and adhoc builds etc. I have always had great success with this anyway... but... today has been frustrating trying to upload my binary.

My provisioning profiles are all managed by Xcode - but they say in the portal that they are for development.

So my question is this - I have created distribution provisioning profiles for two games.

They show up fine in the portal, they appear in Xcode too.

But I can't assign these profiles to my published apps in Gamesalad now - the only choice I have is the 'iOS Team Provisioning Profile*' which is the new team system.

When I have tried to upload a binary earlier today and subsequently during the day I get these errors every time... I have zipped up the .app from GameSalad and use Application Loader to upload.

I have my game ready for upload in iTunes connect.

So I go and upload and here is the error.

1. Apple's web service operation was not successful

2. Unable to Authenticate the package:

3. ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle XXXXXXXXX.xx.xxxxx.xxx(ccccccc.app) is invalid. (Missing code-signing certificate.) For more information, visit....

So at the moment I don't even think the app has a distributor profile at all anyway.

So I created them, but can't apply them when I sign my app.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Am I missing a step? First time uploading a binary so sorry if that is so.

I have revoked and redone everything I can think of - most people having this issue solved it that way.

Done everything in Mountain Lion with latest Xcode (that runs with it) and using Safari for the web stuff.

Any help would be great, thanks, M@

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited November 2013
    Xcode changed the way you refresh the profiles open Xcode and go to Xcode menu and select preferences. When the preference window opens click on the accounts tab. Click view details in the bottom right this brings up the profile pane. Click the refresh icon in the lower left. Sometimes you need to refresh twice. Also make sure the app I'd you entered in the publishing system matches the one you have in the profile.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Hi Dave, I have done that already about 15 times today - I also watched your video on the subject, and researched a lot of things to try and figure this out.

I had found some times I needed to even close Xcode to get a decent refresh.

Will those distribution profiles appear in GameSalad signing process eventually?

Is that what I am after?

Thanks, M@
    edited November 2013
    @FryingBaconStudios I just figured it out I think - you can not use the Team ID Bundle ID for distribution - so in Publishing you have to change the Bundle Identifier to that which is in iTunes Connect.

I had an idea to change the Bundle ID and then the option became available in GameSalad at signing time.

So while the Team profile is cool - it tripped me up with this. I now know tho - phew - a long day of not getting anywhere gets solved past 12am in bed with the laptop.

Thank goodness!
    edited November 2013
    Yes the team ID is for testing only. To put in iTunes Store you need to use a distribution profile specifically created for the app with it's associated app ID. It has always been this way. The app ID and profile is how Apple tracks and catalogues each individual app.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks - and sorry for being a bit lost on this - first time doing it and changes got quite confusing - basically this means I don't need to invent two unique bundle IDs for each app now - team for dev and unique distribution for the store.
    Yes the team ID is for testing only. To put in iTunes Store you need to use a distribution profile specifically created for the app with it's associated app ID. It has always been this way. The app ID and profile is how Apple tracks and catalogues each individual app.
    I kind of thought this was what came in place of the .* if you get me - seeing as I had a bunch of those created automatically with my existing bundle IDs.

They were unique with a team prefix and bundle ID suffix. But in the developer site they were showing as only Development. That is what gave me the clue - then I saw that the bundle ID in connect was my standard old one I had already set and I thought maybe I change that in the GameSalad publishing back to the original one I had before changing it to team one and then - success.
  • Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

Hey guys, I'm trying to test my app on testflight and I have the same problem. I keep getting this error and I don't understand what's wrong :/

I'm selecting the development provisioning profile. I'm so confused

Wonder Maru: casual games for casual people. www.wondermaru.com

edited March 2016

For TestFlight you need to be using the ID specific for the published game. Did you make an app ID for the game? Go to the yellow sticky for thunderchilds publishing videos. He covers TestFlight

• Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

Hi!
    Thanks for your answer. Yes I did, but I discovered, after many attempts, that I had to use the distribution profile and not the development. I thought that for testing on testflight I needed to use the development one.

Wonder Maru: casual games for casual people. www.wondermaru.com

@Wonder Maru said:
    Hi!
    Thanks for your answer. Yes I did, but I discovered, after many attempts, that I had to use the distribution profile and not the development. I thought that for testing on testflight I needed to use the development one.

Yes development is for when you manually send out builds to internal testers. Since TestFlight is offical App Store you need a distribution profile.