Right and Left Movement

Can someone explain to me in the windows version I cannot find when actor receives event mouse is inside.
I am wanting when touch is pressed actor receives event mouse is inside.
I tried mouse postion
Thanks Darlene

Comments

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    edited December 2013
    Can you clarify whether you're asking about the event When Mouse is Inside, or the event When Touch is Pressed?

If it's the former, then When All/Any > mouse position is: over actor should work for Windows Creator.

But you said you already tried that?
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    @TheGabFather i think he means with the rule like
    when touch is pressed, do as follows.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • darlene57darlene57 Member Posts: 37
    I am trying to set up the right and left control buttons, but also want to add the key controls with it.
    I am watching the video by tshirt booth from the gamesalad cookbook. but nothing works.
    My question is when I add the rule (when touch is pressed and (when touch is inside)
    In the windows version I cannot find the attribute when touch is inside.
    Thanks Darlene
    Sorry I have that wrong It should read (when touch is pressed and when mouse positiion is inside)
    Everything looks right I set up the left move control, and the actor, but the actor just flies across the screen the the left.
    Thanks Darlene
    I found the mouse position, but it has (Mouse position is over actor or not over actor.
    Do I use one of these.
    Thank you that was what I was looking for Mouse Position is over actor
    So what does Mouse position over actor, and Mouse position under actor mean?
    My actor is flying off the sceen still to the left.
    Thanks Darlene
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    edited December 2013
    @darlene57
    Where is this under actor condition?
    I am only aware of over actor and not over actor.

The not over actor condition fires the event so long as your Mouse Position (cursor) is not on top of the Actor.

--

With regards to your Actors flying to the left side of the screen, it's a known Bug within the Windows version of Creator. There will hopefully be a fix to this in the upcoming update.

Check the problematic Actor's initial coordinates, and delete all numbers to the right of the decimal point. (e.g. change X=93.23 & Y=1.34 to X=93 & Y=1)

edit: By the way, why are you including both Touch and Mouse Position conditions to do the exact same thing? You also mentioned Key (keyboard) commands. Are you planning on deploying your app to mobile or web?

Normally when using Preview mode, keyboard controls are ok as you are still in the creation or debugging phases. But when you deploy for the iDevices, you take out those keyboard controls and switch them with the touch controls.

If you leave the old Rules in there and publish, those Rules are still there and will be turned into lines of code whose If-Else conditions may or may not fire up on the device, ergo slight (or not so slight) performance loss. Well, that's my thought. Don't quote me on that ;)
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    Check out my website. I have the video you are looking for. It's with the when touch is pressed and touch is inside stuff you want. And it's a windows version tutorial.

http://badgruhiksgames.jimdo.com/gamesalad-tutorials/