Activate Subscription Not working

jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
I think I have all my ducks in a row...I'm part of the early access program, I have the new .5 version of GS. I have downloaded the app viewer. When I try to activate my subscription within the GS app it simply tells me that it could not authenticate user. I know my user name and password is correct as I had to log in to post this.

Am I missing something or is this our first official bug? Or Arrg since I missed talk like a pirate day... is this a bug ye' swabs?

Also where are the instructions on using the viewer app?, err the wiki wasn't givin' up Davey Jones treasure me hearties!

:)

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer

Just a thought. Are you using your email address or your username?
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    I was using my email address. Perhaps there was some sort of delay in the subscription being received by the GS app, because I tried it shortly after I posted and it accepted my input and I now see an export for iphone option under the file option. If that's correct I'm probably ok.

I'll walk through installing a game on my iPod and I'll let you all know how it works out.

Thanx. :)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I was able to download the updated viewer 0.5 but not creator... where can you find that?

I also submitted a certificate to apple for approval, but in the meantime can we test the game on the iphone via the viewer?
    It is a link in the announcements of the pricing plans.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I'm able to get the template games to work on the MAC computer , but how can you test your own games? Do you have to create a certificate for a game you want to test, even if it's still in beta?
    Have you followed the directions in the link above to install the Viewer and activate your subscription?
  • splashysplashy Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I too am having the same problem, having made my purchase my account says I have the current subscription for iphone deployment but the Game Creation app will not take my subscription details. I have downloaded and compiled the viewer app to my device without problems but I cannot activate my subscription in the creator tool. It simply keeps telling me that my login details are incorrect yet they are the same as I use to login to the game salad site.

thanks in advance for any help,

• splashysplashy Member Posts: 7
    FIXED

This has now been fixed, I stopped the app shorlty after my post and restarted it, used the same login details and all is well.

So far I have tested my game on my iphone using the viewer and so far so good , quite exciting really.

• scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Just to report, I'm facing the same problem being unable to activate my subscription on the GameSalad app but having no problems with website login.
    Try a restart of GameSalad and try again. Let us know if that didn't fix it.
    I updated to the latest GameSalad (0.6.0 beta) and tried again, but no go.

Did a simple app and uploaded manually via the website. Managed to get the xcode and followed the instructions but got build failure too, but I suppose that's for another thread. :p
    Thanks for chipping in. My phone's on 3.1 and Xcode is 3.1.4.

As of this post, GameSalad is still not authenticating me. The funny thing is that in the GameSalad app, My Profile shows me clearly logged in.

I'm going to try a new project using a stock template and try to convert that to Xcode and see if it compiles without a hitch.

BTW, should I update to the latest Xcode too?
    Hey scorelessmusic, try this and see if it works. Open a project. Start the upload to the web process so you can log in that way. Then exit that process and try activating your subscription after that.
    Do you happen to use more than one GameSalad account on your computer?
    Ah CodeMonkey, you may have hit the nail on the head. I do have two GS accounts on this computer. I'll try what you said and see what happens.
    Excellent tip, CodeMonkey! That workaround did work. my GameSalad app is now registered as Express. I will now move to my next hurdle.

Thanks so much for the quick replies! This is exactly the kind of community feeling that will make developers stick around. Very much appreciated! :)