iOS 7 tech talks, London, Wed 18th Dec

Anyone going to the Apple dev conference on Wednesday at the Novotel? I'll be there, PM me if you're going. Be good to meet with some fellow GS peeps.

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I was in Berlin two days ago. It was so amazing - I learned a lot of useful stuff :)
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    I was in Berlin two days ago. It was so amazing - I learned a lot of useful stuff :)
    Nice, good to hear the Berlin event was good. Hopefully the London one will be too.
    Got back from the London event. Was good. Picked up a few tips, showed my games to a bunch of peeps and enjoyed the company of some fellow indies. Was wondering if some of the apple guys would be annoyed that i turned iAds into the game over zone in my satirical xmas SantaRama. But glad to say they were all amused. Well, the ones that saw it anyway.

@codewizard the 64 bit stuff sounded good, did you guys figure out/decide how to support it? Also gamecenter has a bunch of coolstuff in the API. E.g being able to pull friend scores and and challenges and use them in gameplay. Would be cool to have access to that.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2013
    @HoneyTribeStudios
    Was wondering if some of the apple guys would be annoyed that i turned iAds into the game over zone in my satirical xmas SantaRama.
    Your name has gone on the Apple hit list, expect a visit from an exquisitely dressed assassin with a beautifully designed white gun operated by a single touch sensitive trigger button - all running on iOS 7, it will be the coolest way to die, all your neighbours will be jealous as they stand around watching your corpse twitch.

In the interests of balance I must point out that MicroSoft™ also do a decent assassination service (some bloke with an old nail gun and and some chloroform).
    @HoneyTribeStudios
    Was wondering if some of the apple guys would be annoyed that i turned iAds into the game over zone in my satirical xmas SantaRama.
    Your name has gone on the Apple hit list, expect a visit from an exquisitely dressed assassin with a beautifully designed white gun operated by a single touch sensitive trigger button - all running on iOS 7, it will be the coolest way to die, all your neighbours will be jealous as they stand around watching your corpse twitch.

In the interests of balance I must point out that MicroSoft™ also do a decent assassination service (some bloke with an old nail gun and and some chloroform).
    Oh !@#$%. So their handshakes and smiles were all part of a sinister plot? Damn them and their mind games. I'm barricading the door with an amiga 500 and an empty snes carry case. They'll never take me alive! Wait... That was their plan anyway. Damn...
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @HoneyTribeStudios
    Oh !@#$%. So their handshakes and smiles were all part of a sinister plot?
    Check your hand, there is very likely a Jonathan Ive designed micro tracking device embedded in the very place where they shook your hand, you can't see it with the naked eye, you need a pretty decent microscope, look for a beautifully designed yet exquisitely simple square with rounded edges, delicately refined highlights and finished off in a subtle shade of champagne gold.
    Damn them and their mind games. I'm barricading the door with an amiga 500 and an empty snes carry case. They'll never take me alive! Wait... That was their plan anyway. Damn...
    It's no good, if these people can cut through a Vic 20, six Commodore 64s and a wall of 56 Sinclair Spectrums you've got no hope with just an Amiga 500 . . . . . the only thing I can suggest is a couple of Amstrad CPC 464s, no one wants to get their hands dirty with those things.