Hiring for Endless Runner

I'm looking to create a new endless runner game for the iPhone.

Requirements -
- Must design code, graphics, music, etc.
- Game must be fun to play
- iPhone 5S supported
- If possible, universal
- In-App Purchases

Note - $500 is my budget. Please send all interested bids to michael@team6labs.com
Include:
- Cost of development (The lower, the more likely you will be awarded to the project)
- Age (I will still hire people under 18)
- Vision for endless runner
- Examples of previous work
Looking forward to working with you.

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited December 2013

Requirements -
    - Must design code, graphics, music, etc.
    most of the time people only do one thing.
    doing code, graphics and music is a lot of work and most of the time people cant do all of the 3. you are also a coder arent you? why arent you doing the coding yourself and hire a musician and an art artist?

however I might be interested.

The costs will depend on what kind of game

I am 15 years old (and a half :D:D:D)

I made some free endless templates (and some other) and I am now working on a endless project (Sneaky Virus) and started another project with someone (art artist). if you want to see a video or something I can make one.

I made this game called Gumper: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id733348563
    but its not mine anymore as I sold it. on this game I did the coding and the art is from internet (some I made)
    I made some templates as I already said and I am working on 2 other projects where 1 of them is almost done and is fully made by me. (art + coding) I will make a video soon.

hope you are interested

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You know for someone who professes themselves as some sort of professional developer, publisher, businessman etc.... You sure are awfully naive to think $500 is even close to a reasonable budget for a complete game.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I read that too. A game like that with all included would be in the $5000 range. Maybe he missed a zero.. ;)
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    When people state a lump sum for a project, it's helpful if they also break down what they think each part will cost.

For example, $500 divided by three is $166.67. So you'd be paying the coder $166.67 for a full game, the sound artist $166.67 for a full soundtrack and all sound effects, and the graphic artist $166.67 for all background and character art. If you take a rough estimate of someone's professional fee -- say $30 per hour -- which is pretty low, you're looking at each person spending five and a half hours to complete their portion.

So here's where some experience coding comes in. I am building an app for a client with no moving parts. It's mainly two actors with fairly sophisticated code but without physics or collisions of any kind. In short, a simple build. It's an 8-12 hour job. Even at $30 per hour, I would be charging $240-$360 for coding alone. So getting to $500 for an endless runner with all graphics and sounds assets included is hard to figure.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    Yes, I am a businessman. I have a tech startup that is currently raising capital at a 200k valuation for a pre-seed round. I understand the value of money.

A) I do appreciate the input.
    B) Music does not take 5 hours to make. I have produced professional tracks. A simple soundtrack made with Logic Pro X might take 30 min.
    C) Graphics do not need to be original.
    D) Games do not take that long to be produced. Especially if you are working from a template, or it is an easy game to make such as an endless runner.

Why am I not doing this myself?
    I'm not good at GameSalad. I'm good at marketing. I outsource what I'm bad at.
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    If some one sets a budget, they set a budget - that is the idea of a budget. Whether you lot agree with it or not and people shouldn't be mocked for it.

You can be constructive and give pointers but mocking someone is extremely unprofessional and it happens all too often.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    You could take class listed below in my signature and make your own endless runner for a lot less. :)
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2013
    [Two comments removed]

Going to close this thread now. If you are interested in the original request, please contact @Team6Labs via private message.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.