Need a programmer (or several) to create a Fruit Ninja Game

I can get a template. I can provide the pictures, background, and sound. However, I need someone to change the template (or create the game from scratch) into a full game...

(1) How much would it cost?
(2) How long would it take?

You can post or PM me... thanks...

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited December 2013
    1: it probably will be a lot of money if you want a full game.
    2: depending on all the features you want :)
  • RichongsRichongs Member Posts: 20
    Define "a lot of money" :)
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331
    If you're providing a template, art and sound it really shouldn't take that long. It would really depend on how much "extra" you'd want in the game and how thorough a job you'd have done with the art. Modifying a template to incorporate custom art and sound, without adding lots of additional features, shouldn't take more than a few hours.

That said, I always find that creating the core mechanics of a game takes no time at all, but all the little things like getting the menus right and adding the essential options etc., that's where most of my time ends up being spent.
    well, several places offer fruit ninja salad templats and I was wondering how much "more" would take to create a fully functionally game... Is there any chance you (or anyone) can private message me? hence, i do not want people to think I'm spamming the community! (lol)
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2013
    The reason you're not getting an exact answer about cost is that you're not giving a clear description of what you want. Perhaps you haven't thought it all through so it doesn't make sense to you to say anything more. What I would wonder is whether all of the graphics are proportional to their final size in the game, whether all of the sounds are the right format and length, etc.

But let's assume you've already taken care of that and it's just the coding and customizing that is required.

Do you want a level select screen? Do you want the player to be able to resume where they left off? Do you want Game Center integration? Do you need any animations added that aren't in the template? Do you need a pause feature or other features that aren't in the template? Do you want pop-ups or achievements to appear during gameplay? Do you want high scores saved? Just the top score or top ten or...?

Those are the kinds of questions you'd have to answer before someone could give you an exact quote.

If you bought a template and JUST needed someone to replace the images and sounds, then maybe a couple of hours, say $100.

If you needed someone to create a menu system and level select system for you, that could be another $150-$300 depending on the complexity.

If you needed... well, hopefully you get the idea. I guess a ballpark estimate for this type of game might be $200-$800.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

tatiang, thank you for your answer... :)