Photoshop Image Background

In photoshop, i am trying to figure out how to export just the shape, and not the transparent box around it if that makes sense. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777
    Hi, @AwesomeMobileGames, try exporting it as a PNG file. That should work.
    As far as I know, you can't just do the shape. There will be some rectangle transparent box around it.
  • thomasrichardgamesthomasrichardgames Member Posts: 263
    Its just that i am trying to reduce the kill circumference around the shapes in the game as they all have the transparent box around them.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    In GS you can only have rectangular or circular hit boxes, it doesn't matter what you output from Photoshop. You can choose your hit box shape in Gamesalad. The most you can do in Photoshop is crop right to the edge of your image using the crop tool, but the image you bring into Gamesalad will still end up being rectangular.
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523
    The best you can do is get the transparency around the shapes. You can't have an image file with an amorphous, organic shape as an edge - it's always going to be some version of a rectangle.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Hi @AwesomeMobileGames

An easy way to crop your image in Photoshop - using a bit of trial and error, with a few undos possibly before you get it right - is to crop by adjusting the height and width using Image > Canvas Size.

An even easier way is to use the crop tool - 4th tool down - and drag over the image. This might take a bit of trial and error, if you don't define the cropping size beforehand - to make sure your image height and width are both divisible by 4 for the best possible image quality.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Yes, cropping your image and then making the width and height of your canvas smaller so that way maybe it won't interfere with your gameplay. Changing your canvas size to something like, 64x64 gives a straight cut, so to speak, and there shouldn't be any empty space around your image.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Hi @AwesomeMobileGames

An easy way to crop your image in Photoshop - using a bit of trial and error, with a few undos possibly before you get it right - is to crop by adjusting the height and width using Image > Canvas Size.

An even easier way is to use the crop tool - 4th tool down - and drag over the image. This might take a bit of trial and error, if you don't define the cropping size beforehand - to make sure your image height and width are both divisible by 4 for the best possible image quality.

@gyroscope

Just hold down command and click on the image in the layers panel - this will select all the pixels in the image, then select image > crop.

This will give you the tightest possible crop - all you then have to do is open Canvas Size and pad out your newly cropped image to a /4 pixel count.