Inkscape User Question

CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
Im in inkscape making images.

Example:

Let say in Inkscape I create a circle 100x100

Then I want to save the circle as a .png.

It says its going to save it as 80x80 @ 72dpi

If i edit this back to 100x100

It changes the dpi to 90.

How can I make a image 100x100 and it save as 100x100 72 dpi?

here are some images of my example

Comments

• tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130
    @FINNBOGGFINNBOGG To me I was the same Inkscape is that you can not change the dpi without the image is changed. I was looking at many forums and what I did is descargarme the Gimp program. Your make your drawing in Inkscape and export it as a bitmap. Then open the image in Gimp and you give in. - ayi scale image and you can change the dpi to 72 without the image size is changed. Hope that helps
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Not sure about Inkscape since I use Illustrator, but if you have a Mac you can open a png in Preview and change the dpi and re-save.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    THANK YOU

• SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    I use inkscape quite a bit but have not worked out a satisfying way to export with the right dpi and the proper size... I do it the way @tarsiustudio outlined... Export to bitmap - in a larger than ingame size - as the scaling usually looks nicer in gimp or photoshop as far as antialiasing goes - and then scale down to ingame size and set the dpi to 72.

If you keep your artwork consistent in inkscape you can use a batch run to do the scaling and dpi altering afterwards.