Beginning with GameSalad, need to do one game, not for selling (Help is needed) THANKS!

Hi all!

First of all I want to apologize about my English, I'm trying to improve it but I still have mistakes... Sorry If you don't understand something or I don't write proprertly.

I'm a 17-year-old student that is actually in his last year of studies before enter University. Well, the point is that I have to do one videogame with GameSalad for a proyect, If my videogame rocks (well, It doesn't need to be something really awesome, but I'm going to work hard), I would be able to study with a scholarship two careers at the same time (Computer Engineer and Developing videogames and apps), something that I wouldn't be able to do If I don't get that scholarship, because I can't afford in the situation my family is; as It is a good chance for me, I want to try at least, and I'm sure I'll work hard to do my best.

But I'm really new at this. I've looking for some tutorials on the Network and with Google's help I found this place, and I'm learning a lot of things about how to work with GameSalad, but I guess there will be things that I won't know how to do, and I wanted to know If someone would be interested on helping me as a newbie am I and the doubts that I guess I'll have.

I wouldn't be asking this to you If my wish will be earning money with this, It's only a thing that I want to do for at least, try to study what I want.

Excuse me If I posted this in the wrong section, but I've just came here and I don't know how it works, hope I get involved in a few days.

Thanks beforehand.

Regards,

Ultracity.

Best Answer

Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited December 2013
    I have a bunch of tutorials at my website, linked in my signature, feel free to check them out. There are source files for download with all of them as well.

Good Luck And Welcome!
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    You found the right place and your English is very good. :)

If you are looking for a tutor or mentor, that may be hard to find for free. The best way to get started with GameSalad is to watch tutorial videos and look at how others have made their games/templates. There are many free resources available here if you have the time and dedication to take advantage of them.

You can try the FAQs link in my signature, the tutorials link in my signature, and sites such as GSHelper.com and DeepBlueApps.com.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    Hello...welcome to GS !

Heres what I have been doing...go to the Youtube link under tutorials when you open GameSalad..(COOKBOOK)..watch them. They cover ALOT of techniques you can incorporate in to a game. Then check out the free templates in GS...as well as the forum under market items and templates. Then maybe even pony up some cash and buy a template you like...tinker with the rules and attributes and what makes it tick...

...and finally come up with a game that incorporates many if the things you have learned...start building...

...and lastly...come back to the forums and scour them to find answers previously asked and if it hasnt been answered...hit us back in the forums.

Good luck !
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Also know that it took many of us here a year or more to get really good at using GameSalad. Heck, I still struggle with things! It's a time-saving application for sure but that doesn't mean that you can make an amazing game without putting in the time.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• UltracityUltracity Member Posts: 8
    Hey there!

Thanks for your support, I really apreciate that :)

At the moment I'm doing a game following a tutorial (thanks for the links guys, really), hope for the New Year I will be able to do my own game, I have untill Abril 2014.

Thanks!
    By the way, where can I post any questions related GameSalad?

Thanks ;)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    I'm not sure what your after but each year around this time we make an Xmas themed give a way, last year was Xmas space invaders and this year was SantaGO! They might be worth a look to see if you can work on them for your project.

We also have 60 free templates over at DBA that might help.

Best of luck with your studies.

Darren.
    I'm not sure what your after but each year around this time we make an Xmas themed give a way, last year was Xmas space invaders and this year was SantaGO! They might be worth a look to see if you can work on them for your project.

We also have 60 free templates over at DBA that might help.

Best of luck with your studies.

Darren.
    Thanks Darren.

Thanks for talking to me about that, I didn't know.

I'll give a look when I know more things about GameSalad, at the moment just following some tutorials.

As I've said previously, thanks.

Regards. >:D<
  • blackpumpkinblackpumpkin Member Posts: 4
    Take a look at
    https://www.udemy.com/introduction-to-mobile-games-development/
    Its Jamies course above, best course I have ever found online. He explains why you do it and not just click here here here

Steve