Hero dies in GS viewer but doesnt in game!

Hi all

Strange bug this. I've released a game where the hero dies when I am testing in gamesalad but I watched a friend of mine play the game and he was able to pass through the enemy units.

Both also didnt fall in the pit I have to kill them/make them faster, they just sat there. Again, all this works on the GS viewer.

Android game
Windows GS

Anyone else experienced this or throw some light on it?

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

Answers

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Hi @jigglybean the glitch is the result of one of a number of reasons, I'm thinking, here's one possible scenario:

The Boolean which changes to indicate the player dying is registering too late to take effect, so add a timer as a pause before other programming comes into play which might effect it... (very vague, I know but difficult to be more specific without seeing some rules/programming)... One thing possibly, if after the Boolean that changes to true is reset straight after, give that a pause, r move t further down the programming list. Hope that's some help.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    thanks I will take a look. It does seem odd watching him just bye-pass the enemies lol

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

As long as he's waving to them and wishing a merry Christmas, should be OK, no? ;-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Hey
    I looked at the code again and it appeared to have an extra rule, which I removed. My Hero still dies and I will test it on a device to if that fixed it. lol. Odd - thanks for the tip.