Billybobs adventure and the evil fly king game official trailer

CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
this is just a game trailer for my game which i will be releasing in feburary,
thoughts? :)

Comments

• paraskevopoulosparaskevopoulos Member, PRO Posts: 1
    Looks nice dude. Keep up with the good work. Just a small comment. Try working the color in the background a bit more.. too green.
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    Looks good :) yeah, have my thoughts:

- Falling platforms that actually fall down would be cool
    - Also for platforms, I think the blinking happens too early and spans for too long
    - Is that an audible watermark I'm hearing for the bgm track?
    - It would be more familiar to use MM:SS for the time
    - Introduce tactility to the buttons (and other elements) by giving them an on-touch mode (e.g. make the button look like it's actually being pressed)

Keep it up!
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    Thanks guys ;). And yeh that was just for the trailer though. I have proper music for the actuall game.

@TheGabfather

@imGua I did not steal this music. This music was uploaded to audiojungle.con
    And it said download free for limited time! So I did

And music on audio jungle has the watermark in it. Which for some reason this one has. And if it has ur allowed to use it for non commercial use. So please don't tell me that I have stolen this music when infact I Havnt.

I got it for free for non commercial use when there was a promotion on their site.
  • LoungeGamesLoungeGames Member Posts: 86
    It honestly look like it could be one of the best games made in GS if it runs well.
    Game is finished.
    Can't release game till I get back to canberra. So I'll be able to upload within a week or two.

In the meantime I am making a "special mode" which you unlock after completing the game an defeating the evil fly king in battle.

Also in the meantime I'll be making world two.
    Stay tuned as I'll be releasing 10 promo codes once the game is live!
    And thanks I took your advice and changed the background colour so it's not all green. And it looks great. Thanks heaps @paraskevopoulos
  • JScottJScott Member Posts: 143
    Looks really good! What's the story? What's Billy Bob trying to accomplish?
    edited January 2014
    @flaveroo the story is shown in the game with animation cut scenes.

Short version:
    The evil fly king destroys BillyBobs homeland and all of his friends.

BillyBob goes to stop the evil fly king. But he gets away.
    BillyBob then goes through 20 massive levels until he finds the fly king.

BillyBob has a boss battle with the fly. And when you defeat the fly. The wizard congratulates u for bringing peace back to the land "this is where you unlock special mode"
    The wizard also warns you that the evil in the land is not over.

(Then in world two the story continues)

After This game is fully complete, I'll be releasing BillyBobs adventures 2.

This game has a slightly different type of game style, to the first,
    But in the 2nd BillyBob adventures. The story is based before the 1st.

I'm remaking a series of books I made when I was about 10.
  • JScottJScott Member Posts: 143
    Great, I'm looking forward to trying it.
    edited February 2014
    Hey guys here's just a short video of some gameplay of level one
    [note this video only shows some of the games features]

[also note that I am using a screen recorder on my jailbroken device so if it looks glitchy it's not. The game runs to perfection]

[also also note this game will be available to download within a week]

[another note, no sound in the actual game is heard in the video]

[edit]
    the video has not been sped up, only the music
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited February 2014
    It honestly look like it could be one of the best games made in GS if it runs well.

Seriously no offense but @POM 's Twin Swords and tons of other games are way better just check out some of Ritten House's work.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/58224/devour-all-humans-2-released#latest
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    did someone notice the awesome logo at the beginning? ;) everything looks really cool! cant wait till release.
  • MattCriGamesMattCriGames Member Posts: 12
    Wow, it's fantastic, the arts and sound are wonderful! I'll try as soon as possible :D
    @FryingBaconStudios I know it may not look great in the video but please don't judge before you play the game, some games are better to play than to watch. 20 people so far have played the game and they've said its a lot better than the video
    [note this game is my first game aswell with gs]

But yes I do agree with your. There are most like a lot other better gs games out there but keep in mind they've been with gamesalad a lot longer than I

Cheers
    -Aaron
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    I'm liking this platformer, from the look of the video I can see a lot has gone into it
    @FryingBaconStudios I know it may not look great in the video but please don't judge before you play the game, some games are better to play than to watch. 20 people so far have played the game and they've said its a lot better than the video
    [note this game is my first game aswell with gs]

But yes I do agree with your. There are most like a lot other better gs games out there but keep in mind they've been with gamesalad a lot longer than I

Cheers
    -Aaron
    My point wasn't about your game it was about saying, which you didn't say, that it was one of the best on GS and I was simply pointing out I wouldn't rank it as such. This doesn't mean it isn't a good game but I would not rate among the best on GS. Heck I wouldn't rank my games as good as Ritten House and a handful of others who are awesome developers.
    Oh right :/ yeh I know for sure it won't be the best, but iv spent a lot of time into this so hopefully it's good for others while playing. Not just me :)
    I'll be sure to give you a promo code on release so you can see for your self if it's good or not.
  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    Oh right :/ yeh I know for sure it won't be the best, but iv spent a lot of time into this so hopefully it's good for others while playing. Not just me :)
    I'll be sure to give you a promo code on release so you can see for your self if it's good or not.
    Don't take it so personal it looks like a good game. When people post a game usually they are looking for honest feedback. I simply pointed out a fact not slamming your game or saying you can't one day be as good as those people I mentioned.
    Yeh I mis understood your first response. But yes thanks for the feedback
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I like the simple look to it, and the characters are charming :)

Some alarm bells though:

1. You mention you're close to release, but haven't started on level 2 yet. You really shouldn't release a game like this with just two levels!

2. The blank screen for over half a minute at the end does not instil confidence. Either cut the video or put in more stuff!

Overall, it seems to me you've put in quite a bit of effort - it'd be a shame to spoil that with an 'it'll do' attitude. Think of the people that will be watching your video and playing your game.

Put yourself in their shoes, and ask if you'd be satisfied with what you're offering them!

A good start for sure, and a much better game than I made on my first go! :D

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Pretty good for your first game. It only gets better from here. Each game is better than the previous game released.

Best of luck!
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    @CodeMonster

From 0:06-0:016, the video shows the worst parts of your game. Your game gives me a very mixed impression on the game. From what I see, a lot of it looks good because of your primary graphics pack (and that is an excellent pack by the way, I've been using it for my upcoming platformer as well). The hype in this thread is also coming due to the good art pack. In my honest opinion, you should hold off a little and polish up the gameplay before you publish. Not slamming on the game (good job for you're first one though :) (assuming you didn't just reskin a template... -__-) ), but I think you should improve it before publishing. Also, why is there a huge level select of multiple worlds with each world having pages and pages of levels...when there's only 1 level?? Definitely fix that ASAP.

Anyways, I genuinely hope I'm not being harsh- just giving some critical feedback.

Hope this helps :)
    Chakku
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    btw - apologies if there's more than 2 levels - I got the impression from reading the text you wrote that you were going to start working on lvl 2 before you uploaded the game.

Later I saw you wrote '20 levels'

It's not clear which is accurate - so apologies if I've misread anything!

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

@chakku hey thanks an sorry if there was confusion. But there is actually 20 levels and a boss fight with 20 more levels comming soon which I'm making atm.

Aswell as I started this project from scratch

@quatumsheep yeh it's 20 levels haha;)

Thanks guys.
    Remember guys, I'll give out promos on release and you can then judge all you like :)

In a week time is when this game will be available for you to play,

[note]im adding in a new epic feature tonight where evil bees chase you around the map and you have to fight them off but they come back every now And then. I will post some video gameplay of this aswell.
    And thanks aswell Braydon_SFX