How Should I setup My Music? Need Tips Please

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
Hi

So my new game is level based and so every time the level is reset (in case you fail the level, which is bound to happen loads) the music gets stopped and restarted again. Ay ideas as to how I can make it so that this doesn't happen?

The music really adds something to the game, but any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Unfortunately, you cannot use Reset Scene if you want to keep the music playing.

You need to use Change Scene.

Keep track of the current scene with a global game attribute, called something like currentScene.

Then a set of Rules:

Rule
    When game.currentScene = 1
    Change Scene To: Level 1

Rule
    When game.currentScene = 2
    Change Scene To: Level 2

Etc...
  • iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    Rather than reset Each scene, you will have to use the change scene behavior instead and select from the drop down menu the same scene you are in.

This will keep your music from restarting when you change any levels or scenes.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    This Really works? Im having problem with It!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    yes it works. put the music behavior in a scene prior to the first game scene - that may work.
    Ok, I have an actor that Starts Music in First Level. When I change To next Scene When Level is completed, Music Keeps Playing Perfect. When My actor dies, it change scene, to current scene (Becouse reset Scene doesn't work) But Dont know why it isn't working! Any clue?

Thanks Scitunes
    Problem Solved! Thanks! I Make All your Tips! but didn't remove Rescente Scene! Dope!
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    ahh.. was just about to reply to your email Nicolas...but looks like this lovely forum managed to help you out before I had chance to :)