SDK OS 3.1??

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
Hey folks.
I just downloaded the SDK from the Dev site and it's OS 3.2 for SNOW LEOPARD! Ooops. I have Leopard only. I can't seem to find SDK 3.1 on their site. Anyone have advice?

-Dooki

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    If you want to make stuff for the iPad or for the iPhone going forward, you should upgrade to Snow Leopard.

I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure that you cannot build the iPad GS Viewer without Snow Leopard.

All of the new SDKs will probably require Snow Leopard as well.

Apple's subtle way of forcing you to upgrade.
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Ooops. Thanks. Should have known.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    Wait!!!!!!!! I was recently stuck with the same problem. I spent about an hour searching google and found this (at least I think this was it. I spent so much time searching I had a hard time finding it in my history):

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/download.action?path=/iphone/iphone_sdk_3.1.3__final/iphone_sdk_3.1.3_with_xcode_3.1.4__leopard__9m2809a.dmg
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @Mr.Rinoy: that's for the 3.13 SDK, right?

If you want to do iPad stuff, you still need the 3.2 SDK, which does require Snow Leopard.

If you are still just targeting iPhone, you should still be cool with Leopard I think.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    @firemaplegames: Yeah its 3.1.3, unfortunately the 3.2 SDK wont run on Leopard. If you want to use xcode for iPad development, you need to upgrade to Snow Leopard. If iphone/itouch is all you want, xcode 3.1.3 should work fine.
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    Mahalo Mr Rinoy!

I think I will update to Snow Leopard tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestion though.