Worth it?

Habib Al-AttasHabib Al-Attas Member, PRO Posts: 1
Greetings, I just want to ask, is it worth to spend about $299 for PRO?

and

Is it when we pay once then it'll available lifetime or we have to renew it every year?

Thanks

Comments

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2014
    I think most people that are PRO will tell you that its worth it. You get a lot of good stuff for just $299 a year.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    If you're serious about developing games...Get PRO. Several awesome things that come with it to help advance your app and make it even better. I don't know how I could make apps without PRO... I need it. :-B
  • mc99093mc99093 Member, PRO Posts: 133
    If you want to tap into all markets Apple, Android, Windows phone and now Tizen
    Then Pro is the way to go.
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    PRO is definitely worth it. You have to renew it every year.
  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
  • Tiko1Tiko1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I was going to ask same question,
    Why does it worth to pay for the PRO ?
    What is the big difference except for publishing to Android ? I mean what (alot of stuff) you get when you are PRO ...

Is there a PRO trial version even for 1 day to check what is so big difference ? And Administrators can lock the publishing features for those who are on PRO trial version ...

Does PRO have rulers or guides in the scene ? And if it's possible to select more than one object at same time ? (Those are very basic features in any tool)
    I'm not PRO and I don't have these features in the tool, May be PRO Version have it ?

And if there is any big famous game names made by GS PRO which are available on app store front page ?
    Does people here make money from their paid apps by GS PRO to worth pay the 299 bucks ?

Maybe someone could tell us more about PRO please

Thnx
  • DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2014
    Read this...

http://gamesalad.com/creator/pricing

here you can clearly see the difference between PRO and Free version.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
  • Tiko1Tiko1 Member Posts: 5
    I have read it before, it's all about publishing, but does PRO make it easier while building and designing your game ? like what advanced features you get in PRO except for publishing?
    As I understand users upgrade to PRO just to publish to more devices, In-app purchase and monetisation, Is there anything other than publishing ?

Usually tools have a free full version as a trial for limited time, does GS have a PRO trial version so you can feel the difference between the free and PRO versions ?
  • wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    edited January 2014
    GS does not have a PRO trial version. The software itself is the same (You cannot select more than 1 object at a time using the PRO version either). The ability to export to more places is a big difference. Not having the ads in the beginning is a difference that I am aware of. You have the ability to open up web pages in the PRO version. Simple things like that, but if you are planning on making a business out of this, then the price is easily justified in my opinion.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    As I understand users upgrade to PRO just to publish to more devices, In-app purchase and monetisation, Is there anything other than publishing ?
    Thats basically it, the FREE and PRO versions run identically.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    GS does not have a PRO trial version. The software itself is the same (You cannot select more than 1 object at a time using the PRO version either). The ability to export to more places is a big difference. Not having the ads in the beginning is a difference that I am aware of. You have the ability to open up web pages in the PRO version. Simple things like that, but if you are planning on making a business out of this, then the price is easily justified in my opinion.
    Pro also gives you Game Center leaderboards and achievements, which are pretty much a standard for most game types on iOS these days.

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io