Community Tutorials by Braydon_SFX

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@CodeCell said:
    Can you remove your third party links from the first page, or does the forum rules not apply to Mods-

That a side, great tutorials. :)

I believe he posted those before the rules were put in place as his newer ones don't have links.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@CodeCell‌ - Yeah I posted those before the new rules were put in place. As I'm not a mod, I cannot edit my first post anymore. I've messaged @tatiang‌ to clarify some things, and he can remove the links if that's what needs to be done.

More tutorials coming soon guys. Bookmark this thread for updates when they're available.

• CodeCellCodeCell Member Posts: 90

@Braydon_SFX said:
    CodeCell‌ - Yeah I posted those before the new rules were put in place. As I'm not a mod, I cannot edit my first post anymore. I've messaged tatiang‌ to clarify some things, and he can remove the links if that's what needs to be done.

More tutorials coming soon guys. Bookmark this thread for updates when they're available.

It really doesn't matter! It's a great thread for people to learn from.

I was hoping for an answer to see if you can re upload the files for the latest version of Gamesalad, since it's the same as nightly build. Or is there a way to open them using the 11.03 version?

@CodeCell said:
    I was hoping for an answer to see if you can re upload the files for the latest version of Gamesalad, since it's the same as nightly build. Or is there a way to open them using the 11.03 version?

Actually you can just rename the file extension so it becomes a regular GameSalad file. I think the proper extension is .gameproj

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@CodeCell said:
    Can you remove your third party links from the first page, or does the forum rules not apply to Mods-

That a side, great tutorials. :)

@CodeCell‌

There has been much discussion about rules regarding free templates. It was never our intention to block people from giving away free assets, but the actions of a few people caused us to alter the rules to prevent blanket marketing of paid sites via free asset giveaways. In the spirit of allowing the community to grow naturally, here's the current word from GS Staff:

It's okay to post links to third-party templates in any thread as long as those templates are free and the link is directly to the download (with or without an account sign up).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@tatiang Thank You, thank you and thank you.

I have relied on these free posts of code, templates and videos, from Members, over the past two and a half years to learn and understand almost everything I now know about GS.

I don't care if the benevolent, experienced members are adding links to their sites and their paid products. I just appreciate all they give us.

As we all know, the GS site and Training Info is a mess and out of date.

I would rather the GS Team fix the problems with the next "Stable Release" of the Creator than waste time making a new manual, training videos and tutorials.

There are so many of you long term GS Pros that keep this community alive , well and progressing that I would like to tip my hat to you all!

Been a long time since I posted a tutorial -- as summer and works begin to slow down a little I'm slowly getting back into the tutorials. Here's a nice simple tutorial that shows you how to sort a table from high to low. This tutorial/demo would be helpful if you were creating a local leaderboard, for example.

Hope y'all enjoy. Expect more tutorials soon.

A little bump since I posted this late yesterday evening.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Very helpful, thank you! Downloading for sure!

• ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304

Nice work :) I'll have some stuff to add to your library soon. Been busy with other stuff, I'm back.

@Armelline said:
    Very helpful, thank you! Downloading for sure!

Cheers man. Thanks for your continued support.

@ORBZ said:
    Nice work :) I'll have some stuff to add to your library soon. Been busy with other stuff, I'm back.

Wohoo! @ORBZ‌ is back!

• AppTacoAppTaco Member Posts: 125

Sweet dude. Nice work. This will be useful. :) @Braydon_SFX‌

edited August 2014

Thanks, @PureEpicStudios‌ !

Here's the latest: Detect how many times a number appears in a table. I notice a lot of people, both on the forums and by PM, want to know how to tell their game how many times a number or letter appears in a table row or column. This very simple tutorial should help.

...And the demo project file is attached.

Very helpful and very nice of you… as usual. ;)

• game ongame on Sun Valley, California Member, PRO Posts: 79

Thank you so much.

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326
    Very helpful, I know I found myself challenged with those new table rules - but once you get the hang of it - thats when things get very exciting :)

Have another video tutorial lined up! Should be out shortly!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Have another video tutorial lined up! Should be out shortly!

Ah feeling the heat? Lol, i put out four this week :p

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Ah feeling the heat? Lol, i put out four this week :p

Yeah I know. Thanks for doing that! Things are slowing down on my end so that means more time for video tutorials. ;)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Yeah I know. Thanks for doing that! Things are slowing down on my end so that means more time for video tutorials. ;)

Slowing down, is that what we call it now? Anyways thanks for the tutorials, their always helpful.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Hey guys,

Here's a new video and demo project attached! In this tutorial, I show you how to easily spawn actors centered on the screen. The best part? It works for how ever many actors you want. They will always spawn centered on the screen with an equal gap between each. Everything is customizable: from how many actors you want spawned, the gap size between each, the size of the actors, and so forth. Enjoy!

edited October 2014

@Braydon_SFX‌ ActorSpawn is neat. Thanks.

Edit: You said you used the last stable release. Which one was that?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Hey guys,

Here's a new video and demo project attached! In this tutorial, I show you how to easily spawn actors centered on the screen.

Great stuff, useful for a high score screen using a custom font !

@PhilipCC said:
    Braydon_SFX‌ ActorSpawn is neat. Thanks.

Edit: You said you used the last stable release. Which one was that?

I actually recorded this video a month or two ago, so this was probably stable version 11 or something... Not exactly sure.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Nice!

Thanks, Mr. Bacon!

@Armelline said:
    Love it, great work!

Cheers!

@Socks said:
    Great stuff, useful for a high score screen using a custom font !

Exactly. Things like that would be much easier with this.

A slight bump for those who did not see the latest tutorial. More demo's coming soon!

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    edited October 2014

I was just messing around on GSHelper and saw a spelling a mistake. (The description says making twice in the last sentence). Just figured I would let you know haha

@zweg25 said:
    I was just messing around on GSHelper and saw a spelling a mistake. (The description says making twice in the last sentence). Just figured I would let you know haha

You left out a period at the end of your sentence, haha! You also forgot a smiley. :p