Tizen Publishing Updates 1-7-2014 and 1-9-2014

TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83
edited January 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen
We updated Tizen publishing today with bug fixes. We continue to investigate issues reported through Support. If you have an issue, please let us know with a bug report.

EDIT: We made a quick fix on 1-9-2014 to address the sound issue. We're including it along with these release notes.

Changes:
  • Fixed overscan
  • Added stretch
  • Added accelerometer support
  • Fixed more issues that would cause the game to halt on the initial loading animation
  • Fixed missing line breaks in Display Text and other text layout parity issues
  • Improved an issue when the back button rule is nested in another rule (but see Known Issues)
  • Fixed an issue with Rotate To Position
  • Fixed validation warnings seen in Tizen IDE
  • Improved compatibility for some game projects created with the nightly build (but still not officially supported)
  • EDIT (1-9-2014) Fixed an issue where sounds weren't loaded and would not play after a scene began.
Known Issues:
  • The back button rule may have unexpected results if you combine the key condition with other conditions in the same rule. This is because the magic of the back button that allows it to exit the app depends on the state change of just the key condition, not the whole rule. For example, you may encounter this problem if you are implementing 'back' logic on a complex single-scene game for which you need to conditionally enable or disable the back button rule. As a workaround, don't combine other conditions in the same rule with the back key and the 'All are valid' setting as a way to disable the back button. Instead, create a separate outer rule that controls the enabled/disabled state and put the rule with the back key alone inside that.
Other Notes:
  • In-App Purchase is still coming soon.

Comments

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Awesome! Great update!
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    So is this the likely reason why Tizen rejected my app twice?
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Fantastic thanks for the update @TaoOfSalad ... Stretch and accelerometer support ... Music to my ears ... I'll give it a test run now ... @TheMoonwalls you will be happy with this ;-)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    just re-uploaded my game that was rejected because of accelerometer so will see what happens, and did not see any errors or warning when building so thats good.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Awesome stuff! Thanks guys!
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    Awesome work. I wasn't expecting this update until 11.0 . Gr8 work.
    edited January 2014
    Stretch looks great with an iPad or iPhone base project on the Tizen emulator. Just noticed one thing @TaoOfSalad some .ogg sound files are not picked up by the Tizen engine. When the application is packaged the sound for those files does not play. I tried converting them to other formats but still had the same problem. The same files work fine on IOS, Android, the viewer and in preview mode. I even tried repackaging several times using Creator 10.4.1 and the latest nightly with no success. I will submit a formal bug report with example files when time permits.
  • slowcutslowcut Member, PRO Posts: 164
    @neoman I have the same problem, but in my case it's not some .ogg sound files, all .ogg files did not play in the Emulator. I have no sound at all. My apps get rejected by Tizen because of the missing sounds.
    edited January 2014
    @slowcut if you still have the non-sound functioning widgets I would appreciate it if you could submit a bug report if possible. I deleted mine and modified my problematic application so am going to have to generate the files again tomorrow to submit a bug report unless you do it. Cheers ;-)
    @neoman yes I will submit a bug report if I will not fix the problem within the next hours. I am not really sure if it's a bug or if I have something wrong in my code. If I create a new game from scratch and add some sounds to it it works perfect. Only my previous apps don't play sounds.
    And besides of you there is no one complaining about the sound issue.

At the moment I am stuck. I do not know how to fix the problem, because I do not know what initiates the sound problem and it is hard to locate the reason for that issue because everything works fine in the creator/viewer iOS devices.
    I have replaced all sound, renamed all sound-files, add new sound files, removed all sound rules, etc but the problem does not vanish...

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    cool... I'll now down tools on the game I was sorting out for Tizen and do Audio Invaders instead... I needed the accelerometer... Whoop!
  • BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    edited January 2014
    My app was also rejected because no sound.
    I rebuilt and can hear sound in the simulator. I will resubmit to Tizen.
    @BobD I have still no sound in the emulator. Did you changed anything in your game? Or how did you managed to get sound in the Emulator?
    I resubmitted my source to GameSalad and did a Generate-App. I now hear sound when running in the simulator. I did not make any code changes. I hope it will work when Tizen runs the app.
    @BobD you are a lucky guy. I have done the same but still no sound
    edited January 2014
    @slowcut did you try adjusting the volume control on the simulator?
    You have to scroll down to get to the volume controls.
    @BobD sure.
    I have sound in the Emulator for example when I delete an app or in the preset apps inside. And of course my computer speaker volume is set to max ...(it goes to eleven)
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    One question - does the "no-sound" bug was present in the games you generated after 7th January, of before that date?
    @TheMoonwalls the problem was there from the very beginning, some days before christmas I first tested a .wgt in the Emulator. And since that day I never had any sound in my games in the Tizen emulator
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    All works perfectly fine for me. Do you have ogg files inside?
  • TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83
    We pushed a quick fix for the sound issue today. I edited the original post to add it to the notes.
    edited January 2014
    @TaoOfSalad I just got an app rejected which I packaged last night for the following reasons:

1 - Configuration file(config.xml or manifest.xml) is not valid.
    2 - The application has failed to install.

I find this very strange as the game works as expected on the emulator with no issues at all. When I packaged it there were no errors or warnings ... I downloaded the widget file from the Tizen portal and installed it on the emulator again to make sure it works. It works as expected ... I am scratching my head. Any ideas ??? Could this have anything to do with the sound quick fix ??? I am not sure why the config.xml or manifest.xml would be invalid. Has anyone else got this issue ???

The official reply from the Tizen Certification Team can be found below. If you need more information please let me know .. Cheers ;-)

1 2289527 Automation Test [Content] Invalid Configuration [Defect]
    Configuration file(config.xml or manifest.xml) is not valid.

[Test Procedure]
    Check if the config.xml or manifest.xml is valid.

[Expected Result]
    1.The config.xml file should be vaild in accordance with Tizen web application specification.
    2.The manifest.xml file should be valid in accordance with Tizen native application specification. -
    2 2289528 Automation Test [Function] Failed to install application [Defect]
    The application has failed to install. Please check the failure log.

[Test Procedure]
    Install application.

[Expected Result]
    1. The application must be installed properly without causing any errors.
    2. After installation, the launching icon should not be overlapped or distorted, and should appear clearly.
    Finally I have now Sounds in the Emulator. Thank you all.

(add row to table will still cause serious trouble in .wgts and kill the games in emulator)

I have noticed some strange back button behavior:

If I test the back button in one scene, it works fine and I am going back to start,
    but then I can't go back to the scene. But I can go to other scenes, as long as I have not used the back button in this scene. If I have used back button in all scenes, I can't go anywhere from the start menu. If I use the back button in the start menu, the game closes and if I restart it, everything works fine again, as long as I did not use the back button in one scene, then this one is unreachable again.
    (Actually I have no different scenes in my games, they are all one scene scenarios with moving camera to different places to simulate scenes to avoid any loading time or wheel)

It looks like, that the back button behavior does not reset and is still valid as long as the app closes.
    Emulator problem? Code problem? My Problem? Anyone else with this problem?

I have sent my .wgt to Tizen and I am curious if they get rejected again or if they finally get approved.
    @neoman That's a weird one. Can you submit a bug and attach the unsigned wgt after downloading from GS.com
    @TaoOfSalad thank you for getting back to me ... I have submitted the bug report as requested ... Cheers
    @slowcut The back key condition is stuck in the down state and isn't being reset because there's no scene change. It's an engine bug. I'll add it to the issues list for next release.

I'm trying to imagine a workaround but there's a lot of variables. It might work if you use Reset Scene in response to the back button. That should force the key conditions to reset. I realize that limits the possibilities but it might work as a workaround. The logic would be something like:

if on the main menu...
    -- disable back button rules so game will exit on back press

if not on the main menu...
    -- enable back button rules
    -- when back button is down...
    ---- change game attributes to indicate scene should switch to main menu mode
    ---- reset scene