State of GameSalad on 1-8-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
edited January 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen
Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I know I did. :) Now, back to business!

This week we're focusing most of our efforts on squishing bugs in the latest nightly builds. We're churning through them as fast as we can. We've been upgrading the Windows Creator to improve performance and stability. You should start seeing updated versions for Windows showing up in nightly builds soon.

We also released some early adopter documentation for multiplayer support. Read more about that here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63185/async-multiplayer-early-adopter-documentation

Not much more to report. I'll update the roadmap shortly with the latest info. Talk to you again next week!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Good stuff! Thanks for the update!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited January 2014
  • Conifer_AppsConifer_Apps Member Posts: 100
    So looking forward to an official release of multiplayer... Nice job GS team and happy holidays.
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    Good work in here. Seems like holidays spiced up things for GS ;)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    edited January 2014
    @Hopscotch asked a question in the documentation thread.
    So NetworkSendTableToURL and NetworkGetTableFromURL is independant of the Service? That will be awsome!
    So I looked at the NetworkSendTableToURL and NetworkGetTableFromURL documentation...
    NetworkSendTableToURL: Encodes a table to JSON, and sends the data to a given URL. This behavior is done outside Playtogether's system, although we will use it to translate the table to JSON.

Expression (string): the table to send
    Expression (string): the url to send the table to
    Attribute (int): callback attribute - auto-initialized to 0, set to 1 if the table is successfully sent, -1 if it fails

NetworkGetTableFromURL: Requests a JSON-encoded table from a URL, and decodes it into a given table. The JSON format should match that sent in NetworkSendTableToURL.

Expression (string): the url to get the table from
    Expression (string): the table to put the data in
    Attribute (int): callback attribute - auto-initialized to 0, set to 1 if the table is successfully decoded, -1 if it fails

The words "This behavior is done outside Playtogether's system" are like music.

So @CodeWizard - what's the story? Could I use GameSalad to make a multiplayer game without any third-party involvement?

If that's true, and the pesky Metrics Gathering goes away, then GameSalad is looking awesome.
  • aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    Will Chartboost & RevMob be available in 0.11.0?
    sure!!!!!

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @Photics
    You sure could. So long as you can whip up all the server-side code and use the URL functions.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    @Photics
    You sure could. So long as you can whip up all the server-side code and use the URL functions.
    Wow, that's big news!

Is the data transfer secure? Could GameSalad send/receive the data over HTTPS or some other protected means?

I've been going over the process in my head and I'm not quite sure how to manage login information. I don't want to send passwords in plain text.
  • Mr. MartensMr. Martens Member Posts: 43
    Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

"Once we've stabilized the latest nightly build we'll pinch of 0.11.0 and get it into your hands."

pinch off?
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    You know what would be an amazing feature? (In a perfect world)

Constrained objects to have the option to keep collision rules in the attribute window. Just a little boolean. Every other touch setting does not follow touch quick enough. It is too laggy.

• rdlew2008rdlew2008 Member, PRO Posts: 85
    Need android advertising now!!!
  • lukejnrlukejnr Member, PRO Posts: 63
    Any update on this piece of the Roadmap, I'm really looking forward to this functionality.

"Have you ever wanted to play a sound or piece of music using an expression to compute the name? Well once we tackle this task, you'll be able to!"
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    @robert

"Once we've stabilized the latest nightly build we'll pinch of 0.11.0 and get it into your hands."

pinch off?

Pinch off:
    pinch something off (of) something and pinch something off
    to sever something from something by pinching. (Of is usually retained before pronouns.) Pinch the buds off the lower branches so the one at the top will bloom. Pinch off the lower buds.

In other words; taking the things that work in the nightly build branch and graft them into the stable build branch.

• lightspeedlightspeed Member, PRO Posts: 10
    when are we likely to see this happening?

It has been a long wait since Mobclix gine belly-up

Can we have a target date for this?
    sure!!!!!

• aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282

sure!!!!!

They said in roadmap new ads, chart boost and revmob, I send a message 1 month ago to GameSalad and they run revmob and chart boost in the next version :)
  • AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

sure!!!!!

They said in roadmap new ads, chart boost and revmob, I send a message 1 month ago to GameSalad and they run revmob and chart boost in the next version :)
    But you don't know when will available of the next version ( 0.11.0 or next nightly ? ), maybe they don't know also ....
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @AlvinF I read somewhere before break that it'll be towards the end of this month
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Just as a FYI, I noticed if your title has special characters (mine had an !) then you get errors when building from the IDE and cannot pass your wgt to the emulator either. I had to remove the exclamation mark from mine.