Tizen Publishing Update 1-27-2014

TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83
edited January 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen
We have a new build live today for Tizen publishing. The notes are below. We also want to reiterate a few recent recommendations:

- Letterbox is no longer recommended for Tizen. We have some reports that Tizen may reject your app for letterboxing. Use Stretch instead. Overscan is still an option if your game is designed for it.
- We have revised the Optimizing Games for Tizen page on Cookbook to update our recommendations and to address some of the most common reasons for rejection.

Changes:
  • Fixed Accelerate behavior when using direction relative to actor and expressions.
  • Fixed Move behavior when mixing additive and stacked velocities.
  • Fixed looped sounds not resuming when the app is suspended and resumed.
  • Fixed issues with accelerometer and orientation. (but see notes below)
  • Fixed issues with back button rule nested in other rules or combined with other conditions in the same rule, such as in a single scene game.
  • Fixed issue when using a behavior to change an actor's physics attributes (density, friction, bounciness).
  • Fixed issue when using a behavior to change an actor's tags.
  • For Stretch and Letterbox, the engine will report the screen size as the game's design size.
  • Added a workaround to allow an app to prevent the screen from turning off. (described in a separate thread)
  • Fixed an issue where games with a title that included certain symbols (quotes, exclamation point, and others) would cause the Tizen IDE build to fail.
  • Improved support for new features in nightly Creator builds.

Known Issues:
  • If you have a scene with no images or sounds and you trigger a Change Scene immediately on the first frame of the scene, the game may get stuck loading the next scene. As a workaround, use a short timer to delay the Change Scene so that it doesn't trigger on the first frame.
  • If you have an image or sound in your project named "push" your game will get stuck on the loading screen. As a workaround, remove the asset, rename it to something else, add it again, and update actors that used that asset.

Other Notes:
  • In-App Purchase is still coming soon.
  • If your game is landscape and you use the accelerometer to detect the tilt of the device, you must ensure that your logic works for both Landscape Left and Landscape Right orientations. Generally, this means you need to check the devices.screen.InterfaceOrientation attribute and conditionally negate the values for accelerometer X and Y (but not Z). In iOS, Landscape Left is the default landscape orientation and GameSalad follows that convention. But in Tizen, devices tend to have Landscape Right as the most natural landscape orientation. In iOS publishing, you can control which orientations are allowed but not so for Tizen publishing. Therefore your accelerometer logic needs to work for both orientations to support Tizen.

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    All sounds great! I feel lucky, have had apps accepted that were letterboxed, that used the accelerometer during the "bad times" :D

Any rough estimate on how many apps are left before the offer runs out?
  • TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83
    The workaround to keep the screen on for accelerometer games is described in this post: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63655/tizen-workaround-keep-the-device-screen-on-without-touch-input
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Thanks for the update! Keep it up guys!
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    All sounds great! I feel lucky, have had apps accepted that were letterboxed, that used the accelerometer during the "bad times" :D

Any rough estimate on how many apps are left before the offer runs out?
    I just posted on this in the other thread, but at current submission rates, I think we still have another 2-3 weeks. We're at about 70% capacity right now.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited January 2014
    Awesome stuff thank you ... ;-)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Great going to attempt my resubmit this weekend.
  • zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    Great going to attempt my resubmit this weekend.
    Same

• tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130
    I have my game with accelerometer but it's in portrait mode. I'll have a problem or I have to make the changes I mentioned?
    I have my game with accelerometer but it's in portrait mode. I'll have a problem or I have to make the changes I mentioned?
    No issues with portrait. iOS and Tizen agree on what "portrait" means.

• hrshtagrawal14hrshtagrawal14 Member, PRO Posts: 1
    I have submitted 8 apps to the tizen store and all apps got certified now. I have uploaded my deep link and content id in the incentive tab two weeks back but till now i have not got any incentive. Do the needfull.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Mine just got approved too :-) … deep link and content id posted…
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    Do we have to use the nightly build for the stretch option to work? Or continue using 0.10.4.1?
    Do we have to use the nightly build for the stretch option to work? Or continue using 0.10.4.1?
    For Tizen, stretch will work if you publish from 0.10.4.1. The option is set during publishing, so we handle it in the cloud.
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    Thanks
  • morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449
    does this engine update fix the back button issues or is that something we have to create a work around for?
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    With this update I'm now getting a " 'releasescreenPower' is not defined." warning after building the project in Tizen IDE…..

Going to submit the app anyways and see if it gets rejected because I'm not sure what that error refers to. Can't find any further info online. Prior to this publishing update other apps I submitted didn't receive this error and were successfully validated.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

edited February 2014
    Yeah this new build is worse than before now my game crashes when the physics of the puck starts. In the previous version, it ran although the puck would do crazy things periodically. I have a feeling this is going to affect my ability to cash in on the incentives although I did submit my game and was rejected because of the issues. but I did apply for the incentives when I submitted per the procedure. This game runs fine on all other platforms, iOS,Android et.. It even ran fine before this last build.
  • zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    edited February 2014
    Quick question, if I have in app purchases and iAds in my game should I take them out when I publish to Tizen?
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    @zweg25 yes
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    @8bitavrin did you find out about the screen release power issue? as i got rejected because of it check my latest thread.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    edited February 2014
    @Adamgopro I never found out exactly why I got the error or what it pertains to, but the apps I submitted with it were all recently approved….

Previously I had an app that was rejected because "sound did not return after Hold mode is released" but that seemed to have been corrected with Gamesalad's publishing update. However, it didn't get the specific error in Tizen IDE I mentioned above when it was rejected in January….

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• TapcodiaTapcodia Member Posts: 84
    Submitted 3 games over the weekend. Pretty much the same, 2-3 scenes, nothing fancy at all. The 3 games i released before this batch of 3 had no issues. So in this batch of 3, 1 was approved, 1 was pending, and the other one failed and said "A privileged API which is not declared in the config.xml of the source code in the Application package has been used" How do i fix that??????
  • TapcodiaTapcodia Member Posts: 84
    The last game failed. Same problem as i described above, but also "Privilege violation is detected"
    edited February 2014
    Okay so there are still vector to angle issues with Tizen. They are worse than the previous builds now my game crashes when I make contact with the puck. I know it's a vector to angle issue as everything else works fine. I've submitted a bug report but I would like to hear from @TaoOfsalad on this as it's been pretty quiet lately on Tizen from GS. Time to spam everyone on GS about this issue!
    The next build for HTML5 platforms is in the works with bug fixes. The pace has been quiet because of more focus on Creator .11, but engine bugs remain a priority.
    The next build for HTML5 platforms is in the works with bug fixes. The pace has been quiet because of more focus on Creator .11, but engine bugs remain a priority.
    Appreciate the update @TaoOfSalad.

With this update I'm now getting a " 'releasescreenPower' is not defined." warning after building the project in Tizen IDE…..
    I am getting the same warning. It looks like 'releasescreenPower' is not defined warning appeared with this update as I have never seen it before with the previous builds. All my apps have been accepted with the previous builds. I tried to see if there is an option for "releasescreenPower" in the config.xml to set it manually but couldn't find it. I need to update one of my apps due to a score calculation error. @8BitAvrin I am glad you got your app approved. Thanks for posting this update. My updated app is broken and does not work properly on the emulator. This update is worse than the previous ones. I will not submit my updated app till the next update. @TaoOfSalad if you have a spare minute can you please shed some light on the " 'releasescreenPower' is not defined" warning and why this build is worse ? Many thanks ...

@TaoOfSalad This Tizen update is broken and worse than the previous one. If we can't get an update to fix the current issues due to other priorities is it possible to roll back to the previous update which worked a lot better than the current one ? Thanks in advance ... :wink:

• Shadow_DevelopmentShadow_Development Rocklin, CA. United StatesMember Posts: 85

I agree with both @neoman and @FryingBaconStudios on this. I am now getting an error message whenever I try and build my project. It says: 'Build Project' has encountered a problem. errors occurred during the build. Then when I click details this is what I get:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'Web Widget Builder' on project 'TheFlyingPipe'.
    Build Error :
    java.io.IOException: /C:/Users/Jacob/workspace/TheFlyingPipe/.build/.buildd261ec0c1f59dc30/build.properties's Unknown attribute :TYPE
    Build Error :
    java.io.IOException: /C:/Users/Jacob/workspace/TheFlyingPipe/.build/.buildd261ec0c1f59dc30/build.properties's Unknown attribute :TYPE

I would also like to point out that when I try changing the password via Security Profiles in the Windows>Preferences section, it says: 'Build Project' has encountered a problem. errors occurred during the build.

Is there anyone else experiencing this type of issue?

@Shadow_Development Im using a mac so am not familar with the process on Windows but from what I can see it looks like a problem with your Tizen SDK ... Try deleting and recreating your security profile just remember to use the same password as before and the same name as I read somewhere on the Tizen site that all your apps need to be signed with the same cert. If that fails try a reinstall or a repair install of the Tizen SDK ... :-)