FYI: CS response times 1/28 - 1/31

dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
FYI: CS response times during the next few days may be slower than anticipated. We will have a presence at an out-of-town conference during these days. Compounding this situation, the Austin area is experiencing treacherous ice & commuting conditions today, so GameSalad employees are on liberal leave / telecommute status.

We apologize for any inconvenience for the delays in service and will do our best to clear any backlogs as quickly as possible.

Best,

Dan

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

Comments

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    Have fun guys and gals!
  • 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    edited January 2014
    I have friends in Austin, and Ive seen pictures...
    treacherous ice
    that's hilarious!
    She is from Minnesota (Like me!) but is an Austin transplant... She posted this...

http://republicofaustin.com/2014/01/24/8-horrifying-photos-of-austins-snow-day-snowpocalypse-2014/

Its all relative but... =))
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    I'm originally from Maryland so I find it somewhat funny in the abstract, but the real issue in Austin is that we have a LOT of elevated concrete bridges ("flyovers") that ice up quickly and basically become a giant suspended death luge.

Plus, there are no salt trucks and the "de-icer" they use actually causes the roads to get more slick.

You add a bunch of people without FWD vehicles who have probably driven in these conditions a handful of times in their lives and think it's cool to do 75 uphill on a steep curve, and, well... it's ugly.

> 150 accidents in the Austin area today, including a handful of school buses. No joke :(

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    Doesn't snow much in much Texas, so its understandable that they aren't prepared.
    The comparison is funny, but wasnt trying to make light of people getting hurt :-/
  • rdlew2008rdlew2008 Member, PRO Posts: 85
    Same thing here. weather is horrid.
    Northerners will laugh but you have to realize that its a freak scenario and they are not usually prepared to deal with these types of things ie trucks to plow and salt to lay
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    It totally sucks you guys don't have the salt trucks and stuff but man the real problem boils down to the people will not slow down like idiots. That's it. Even here when it's to cold for salt to work we still get around just fine. Even my little grand am. The problem is lack of experience compounded by no common sense.

And yeah those bridges do freeze quick. Slow down people

Good luck be safe
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Sorry to hear that - it's summer here on the other side of the world so sending warm vibes your way!
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    Yeh. Hot and great beach weather where I am.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Eek. Snow is scheduled for here in Dallas tomorrow... This isn't supposed to happen!
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    edited February 2014
    I'm right outside of Nashville, it was 60 degrees today. Tomorrow it's suppose to snow.

We have salt trucks and such, but the problem for us is black ice. We get very little accumulation in Winter, especially snow, but if it's just enough to cause black ice spots and not enough to warrant the use of a salt truck... then there's going to be some problems.

It's one thing if you can see feet of snow in front of you, but another if it's just the right temperature for rain to fall and freeze into black ice.