Only showing - Actor Name (Prototype)

blowfishfruitblowfishfruit Member, PRO Posts: 41
edited February 2014 in Working with GS (PC)
When I program under the prototype tag, it does not work when I test it.
I noticed another tag with the same actor name but with a different (). Maybe it was initial? And it works fine when programed under this tag.
Now I can't pull this tag back up. Not sure where it is, but it still works.

Any ideas?

Comments

• blowfishfruitblowfishfruit Member, PRO Posts: 41
    Actor Name (Instance)
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2014
    What is a "prototype tag?" Did you create that tag and if so, what did you name it? Tags can be customized by clicking on the Home button and then on the Actors tab. There aren't any default tags (except "All") so if you're using a tag then you created it.

What is your question?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited February 2014
    Im a windows user. As I watch the tutorials (mostly mac or older versions) and switch back to use game salad, I'm noticing some differences. It looks as though what I'm speaking about doesn't appear on the mac version.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Hmm... sorry about that! I'm going to move this to the Windows subforum so it's a bit clearer for people who may answer your question.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

I'm sorry. I didn't know there was a windows forum.