Request for template? post here!

-Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
hey guys,

are you looking for a template but cant find one that is good for you? place your idea for a template here!
I will try to make it and sell it on marketplace, gshelper.com or/and deepblueapps.com
it depends on the template how much it will cost.
if you have a request for a template then also post your email so I can tell you that it's finished as it's not allowed to sell your templates on the forum.
I hope to see a lot of request for templates.

-Timo-

Comments

• TouchiMediaTouchiMedia Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2014
    Zoom in / out by moving fingers or triggered by attribute from pressing button but keeping ALL hud actors in place without any subtle movements/jitters -- see also my thread:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/447365#Comment_447365

It's really kept me from buying pro and going thru with my game unforutnately
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2014
    This subforum is for PAID requests. I've removed your offer for free templates from your top post. It also clouds the expectations of members here if you say that you might offer free templates because then people are going to assume that they will get something for free.

Note to other moderators: @timolapre1998 cleared this with me so please contact me if you have any concerns about this.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    I woukd LOVE a simple template....a thumbstick that controls an actor (ship) like asteroids. Ship rotates left and then moves left when thunbstick is moved left. Rotates right and then moves right....up and down...the same. Shio has hardly any drag as it is in space. Thats it. No background or any other actors. I have three games I want to merge it with. I dont want buttons or arrows to control the ship. Thumbstick. Oh and if you could make it a universal temolate for iphone5, 4S and lower and built in an ioad format...you sir woukd be my hero.

Please no one say I can get it from the cross platform template. That is the thumbstick I would like but how it controls the actor is really lame and I cant get it to act like an asteroids ship.

My email is ictc3d@gmail.com

Thank you. And I hope you find the correct forum and all that so you can keep your threads from being closed.

Thread after thread gets closed because of improper posting or against rule after rule. Lol. I see a good thread...oh shoot...closed.

Thank you. And I hope you find the correct forum and all that so you can keep your threads from being closed.

Thread after thread gets closed because of improper posting or against rule after rule. Lol. I see a good thread...oh shoot...closed.
    Which is why he cleared it with me first. I asked him specifically to take requests by private message, email or posts and to handle the sales and marketing of templates elsewhere.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@Thunder_Child The cross-platform controller moves the ship actor in the direction that the thumbstick is pressed and rotates to that same direction. same rotation so that the effect is basically instantaneous: if you're facing right and you press to the left, the ship flips around and rotates from right (0°) to left (180°). How is that different from what you want? Also, in an Asteroids game, what would up and down do? Usually, Asteroids controls are left/right for rotating the ship and a button for thrusting. Maybe you're actually wanting dual thumbsticks? One for rotation and one for thrust?

@tatiang yea I know the cross platform is nearly rxactly like I want....but for a nemoob like myself....when I go in to the attributes for it....absolutely nowhere can I find a refence to move the hexpilot....all I want the thing to do is to continue moving for a little while a in asteroids....not stop dead in its tracks like the hexpilot does. No where in the hex pilot actir attributes can O find a place to insert a change attribute drag to zero...or at least say 20 so it eventually will come to a stop. Its space...theres not suppose to be a dead stop. And as far as thrust goes i dont want a thrust button. I want the thumbstick to do it. The hexpilot first rorates and then "thrusts" in that direction after rotate. Same as "up or forward. Down and so on. Becasue I cant figure it out. I have asked before for someone to make a template or help. It always comes back to the criss platformer template. If I see someone who is willing to make it happen for me...as in this case the offer for a template has been made. I dont care if he uses that temolate as long as it does what I asked. I threw out the okease dont reference the cross okatform because Ive bern through several threads say just use that template. Also....that template does not allow to you get rid of the firing thumbstick and and keep the control stick. It stops working. Plus when I make my own fire button...I cant link it to the hexpilot because as far as I can tell...unless there is no other way...that thumbstick is way over engineered. I can change how fast it rotates the ship...I cant make the rate of thrust change. I absolutely will not make buttons to move left or right and expect peoples thumbs to hit them correctly on an iPhone. An ioad is...tolerable. Buttons were the single biggest complaint with my 12 beta testers. All phones. One ipad and he thought it was..."ok". I said thumbstick and he said thats the difference between him okaying thr game longterm.

Thanks for the question back.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited February 2014
    @TouchiMedia working on yours right now. not sure if I understand what you want exactly though.

@Thunder_Child do you mean something like this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifptxv2yfk3ux9t/official cross-template.zip
    like in the first scene

( @tatiang thanks :) )
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    @Thunder_Child -- is your current request the same as the the one you asked here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63503/i-can-t-figure-out-how-to-change-attributes-of-thumbstick

If yes, the answer is still the same.
    @rthurman yes this is the video I used for a reeference. Thank you.